Re-install Appliaction for XL340TM : Version 9.056 missing

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340LMT
I just reinstalled the appliication for my XL340TM and have a question. My XL340TM out of box has the application 9.056 and was later updated to 9.061 via TT Home update. When I reintsalled the application today after I removed the appliaction from the device using TomTom Home, I was offered 8.415, then 9.026 and finally 9.061. During this continous updating, version 9.056 was not offered. Why is that ? Also, it seems some functionality of my device is missing as well. For Example, I used to be able to pull up the roue Instructions screen direct by tapping the status bar while I am in the driving view. This no longer happens. It will bring up the Route summary screen first, then I need to tap on "Details" and "Browse as text" to get to the Route Instruction. ALso, I was able to just tap on the instruction to avoid part of the route. It no longer works. Will this be all related to the missing 9.056 version during the update process ? If so, how can I get the 9.056 be installed back to my device.

I just reinstalled the appliication for my XL340TM and have a question. My XL340TM out of box has the application 9.056 and was later updated to 9.061 via TT Home update. When I reintsalled the application today after I removed the appliaction from the device using TomTom Home, I was offered 8.415, then 9.026 and finally 9.061. During this continous updating, version 9.056 was not offered. Why is that ?
What you are seeing are some logical "breakpoints" in the firmware, and you are only being offered the end of each branch. For example, you can't jump directly from 8.415 to 9.061, so the server offers you the most recent (last) version that could be loaded directly over 8.415. They don't know or understand that a user may have intentionally wiped a device's root clean to start, so they take it step by step. 9.061 is the end of that branch of code and supercedes 9.056 - which is why that isn't being offered. If it turns out to be necessary, we can probably turn up a copy of that version somewhere.

Also, it seems some functionality of my device is missing as well. For Example, I used to be able to pull up the roue Instructions screen direct by tapping the status bar while I am in the driving view. This no longer happens. It will bring up the Route summary screen first, then I need to tap on "Details" and "Browse as text" to get to the Route Instruction.
Hmm.. I do not recall having a version 9.XXX that did not manage the details exactly that way. It's how my 740 works, too. In fact, as I think about it, my 8.XXX devices worked that way. After hitting details (always necessary for me), there have always been several ways of viewing the routing information, requiring that I make some selection - like you, I regularly pick "Text".

How was it that you happened to be starting out your firmware load from scratch, anyway?

Thanks for the insight on the versions that are offered during the update process. I re-installed the application as my device kept re-booting when it was looking for the GPS signal. The "Manage Favourite" trick in TomTom Home no longer works so I decided to re-install the application. I do have a Explorer backup when the device was first out of the box (thanks for the advice in the forum). I am thinking to re-image my device with that backup copy and then see whether I can bring those functionality back. The only downside is then I need to update my map again as the out of box map version is 845.2670

There are two emulator tricks to fix rebooting these days:
1) Add a favorite in the emulator, fixes a bug in app 8.x
2) Use the emulator to go to the specific screen that causes rebooting, fixes a bug in app 9.x

@dhn
I was looking through the 'repository' and noticed that we don't have a 9.056 for the user - but it sounds like he has it well under control with his backup. Time to update the list?

Mike or mvl may have a source. I've looked everywhere and can't find a link ..........:(

----------------------------------------------
Just found a couple that may be appropriate. I'll edit the list ..............

Last edited:
Since it's a U.S. TM model (includes TTS), the 2nd one would be more appropriate. The first one is for non-TTS models as might be seen in the U.K.

Since it's a U.S. TM model (includes TTS), the 2nd one would be more appropriate. The first one is for non-TTS models as might be seen in the U.K.

How can I use the cab file to install the 9.056 onto my device ? Will it be easier than I re-image the whole device using my backup folder which will require me to update the map later (Yes, I do have the map update in my PC TomTom Folder)

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Download the 9.056 cab file from the link and use WinRar to extract the files to the unit, overwriting if prompted.

Ask a Question