Bugs with app version 10.500

I've come across a couple of new bugs on my GO 2535 M LIVE unit. I've created my own menu with an "Add Favorite" button. Every time I tap this button I get an error stating my GPS reception is poor even though the unit has full GPS signal and has pinpointed my exact location. I can add my current location as a favorite if I go into the "Manage Favorites" setting and add my current location. The second bug I've found occurs when I tap the volume button on the main moving map screen immediately after I've planned a route. Tapping on this button makes the unit repeat the first voice instruction two or three times then the screen goes blank and a screen comes up that looks similar to what the XL 340TM shows when it's connected to a computer. About 30 seconds later my GO 2535 LIVE goes back to the moving map screen. I have to dig into the settings menu to change the volume. This issue does not occur if a route has not been planned.

Are you on a street when you do this?

I have encountered exactly the same issue with my XXL540 when attempting to add a favorite IF I am far enough off of an actual street that the unit does not link the location to a street location.

When I check the signal strength, it is fine,and if I press the button to mark a map error, the GPS will record the location coordinates even though it gives me an error message when attempting to record a favorite at exactly the same location.

I can see why TomTom might think that recording a favorite location that is not on a street is an indication of an error. I suspect that some programmer was a little too clever, and decided to save a little memory by using the same error message as was already present for another problem.

Ask a Question