New 920 but noticed that it is missing the Select button

Just bought a 920 from Costco but something is off/different. When I choose Navigate to and pick a POI, the final screen only shows a Back button on the left and a Dial button on the right...nothing in the middle. I searched online and found screen shots of what I should be seeing...

Back button on the left, Dial button in the middle and a Select button on the right.

So, I am missing the Select button and this really threw me off because I didn't know how to get the unit to navigate to a POI. Well, it turns out that if I hit the Dial button, then it navigates. Very strange. I tried resetting to default but that didn't fix it. Any help or info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

steve

Thanks! That did the trick...

I did the restore via the menu system but not the reset. What can I say...I'm a TomTom newbie.

At this point it is not clear if you have a working unit or not but in any event

Do a complete backup to your computer using Win's Explorer, first making sure that you show all files types including hidden/system/readonly. That way, if anything goes bump-in-the-night, you can restore your device.

TT Home does not make a complete backup, by the way.

Good luck

Problem came back

It appears that everything is fine UNTIL I choose one of my POI's to call. The call POI screen only shows the Back and Dial buttons with no button in the middle.

Problem is, when I choose a POI to navigate to, after doing the call thing, the button choices remain the same as the call screen. It appears to be loading the wrong button options for the navigate to POI screen.

Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

Ask a Question