New 130/S & 330/S

Upgraded versions of the TomTom One + XL coming in May

TomTom today announced upgraded versions of the TomTom One and TomTom XL GPS navigators. The new devices come with a redesigned body, including a folding mount that should provide better portability and flexibility. This new windshield mount, known as the EasyPort mount, can be left on the device and folded flat after use. The complete unit should then be small enough to fit into a pocket when the driver leaves the vehicle.

You can read more about these new upgraded models by clicking bellow:
http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/9277.html

TomTom today announced upgraded versions of the TomTom One and TomTom XL GPS navigators. The new devices come with a redesigned body, including a folding mount that should provide better portability and flexibility. This new windshield mount, known as the EasyPort mount, can be left on the device and folded flat after use. The complete unit should then be small enough to fit into a pocket when the driver leaves the vehicle.

You can read more about these new upgraded models by clicking bellow:
http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/9277.html

Also, see this thread here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66682

All x30's have the appropriate software (Navcore 8.x) and relevant maps to show IQ routing.

That makes sense, I guess. I can't see removing a feature that makes your GPS more accurate. Have you heard this somewhere or are you assuming that 8.x does everything on all models?

Here is a link that tells you that all Tomtom's will be compatible for the new IQ Routes.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-03-2008/0004766421&EDATE

Ok, I have had a beer - but I don't see where it states all future models. The closest I come is:

Code:
[I]The two new features will be available with the new TomTom GO series,
the TomTom GO 930 and TomTom GO 730, starting at the end of April 2008.[/I]

That doesn't really state 'starting with' and 'on future models'. I'm inclined to think that the x30 (even 130 and 330) will have the feature, however. Just looking for some kind of press release or something that clarifies.

Thanks for the replies so far.

The press release mentions nothing about IQ Routing.

It certainly would tout that feature if it were included.

this post on GPSReview says this:
"And a quick update with a few more tidbits… These models will not feature the new IQ Routes feature found on the new GO series devices. The ONE models will not have Itinerary Planning nor custom POI database items as was the case on the ONE 3rd Edition. The XL 330 and XL 330s will have Itinerary Planning and custom POI databases though."

regardless, the 130 and 330 look pretty good. i like the easyport.

The 330 and 330s will have itinerary and POI, and it's really not that much more expensive. I still don't like them leaving out the IQ routing trying to force people into the GO models, like the stunt with the maps.

Saw them at Best Buy today. I like the size. Not sure how long the mount will last though if you take it in and out a lot.......

I can't believe TomTom wouldn't put IQ routing on every GPS they make. In the reviews I have read, TomTom is consistently at the bottom of the pack when it comes to predicting the route time. If you have a breakthrough that improves your main function (routing) then that should go out on all devices. I can't believe they wouldn't take this opportunity to become a front runner in accuracy. It's the routing I am after in a GPS, and my Garmin c330 will predict my arrival time within 2 minutes, even when I am still 2 hours away. Boo.

I find that, with the exception of bad rush hours, my TomTom delivers excellent time estimates. It's usually accurate to within a few minutes.

Does anyone know how big the foot suction cup is on these new mounts? I'm tempted by these GO 930s, but would like to keep using the dashboard mounting disc that's already on my car.

That should be fine, then. Thanks.

I looked at one at Best Buy and paging through the menus stemmed my urge to get one right away. It's nice that the form factor is a bit smaller, and I like the idea of a new mount, but the unit doesn't seem all that different from my 910 in terms of actual everyday functionality.

Maybe I'll wait until there are good sales and discounting.

the new GO 930's still have a separate windshield mount (not the easyport found in the 130 and 330). i'm not sure if that windshield mount has changed... but the 930 is definitely an upgrade from the 910. the 930 has the IQ routes and the advanced lane guidance features, which the GO 910 does not have.

Yes, but I think that, realistically, neither of those features is really going to make much difference to me. The routing and lane guidance already provided work very well for me. So, nice bells and whistles, but probably not substantial enough for me to upgrade from a year-old model.

If there's still a separate mount, that's even less incentive... that's something I find a nuisance with the 910.

i think the IQ routing is worth it.. i think could be the future of gps. it calculates the fastest route using actual average speeds of travel, which i think is innovative and pretty cool. just makes the GO 930 more desirable to me.

Ask a Question