need software

hey folks, i am totaly new to the forum, and i am new to GPS operation, but not computers :)...
i have bout a "no name" GPS from Ebay, and though i love the GPS i am not impressed with the "Polnav" GPS software on the memory card.

i have done some research and have found that "TomTom 7" is supposed to work on the memory cards.

here is what i have.
its a KM GPS the OS is Windows CE5.
it has Bluetooth, and mp3 and vdo..
the "System Ver" 724-2-1.23.3b1f2 (if that means any thing to any one.)
the GPS software is Polnav 3.5.
when i went to the Polnav website, they have been baught out by someone else ..
any way..
my question.

i want to run another GPS mapping software with more options and better upgrade ability.

can any one help?
please email me at my address, i dont get on line much so i dont know when ill have time to check the list.

thanks in advance for any help.
Don

This is hard to follow... are you saying you have maps that can be used with the TomTom NAV 7 software and your device will run TomTom NAV 7?

A quick search reveals that your KM GPS is an accessory for a PDA device, is that correct?

I know you said email address works best but I think we'd better post in the open so others can help... NAV users are few and far-between.

i have done some research and have found that "TomTom 7" is supposed to work on the memory cards.
[ ... ]
can any one help?
please email me at my address, i dont get on line much so i dont know when ill have time to check the list.
First off, if you cannot be bothered to check with the Forum in which you posted your question, it cannot be a very important matter to you.

That said, I suggest you go to www.tomtom.com and create an account.
You can then send a question to TomTom, after checking the FAQs, stating you make and model of hardware and ask which of their software and maps you should buy from them to get the result you want.

tomtom support helping someone figure out how to run their software on another brand GPS??? :) how unlikely is that? :)

I don't think there's any way what he's trying to do is gonna work. tomtom is linux and his GPS is windows based. kinda like trying to run mac OS on a windows machine.

Call TT CSR, ask them to see if TT7 does run on that particular GPS unit or not, make sure saying clearly that unit is running CE.

I expect the OP to eventually get the top of the line tomtom. I'm into computers too. And the Tomtom is like a linux machine. Highly configurable It was like having a new computer to explore when I got my 930.

Like everyone else, I explored installing add-on programs. Tripmaster, evenloggers, altitude, calculator, fuel control. mp3 players, video players..etc. After all the fun my 930 is back to its basic configuration, with the other programs disabled from auto-starting.

My new fun is the bluetooth hands-free interface to my pay-as-you go cell phone. :). Now, if only some programmers can write an answering machine
routine that will tell the caller I'm driving before ringing the unit.

It all started when a nephew gave me a refurbished 'tomtom-one' for Christmas.

Ask a Question