Need pinouts for TomTom Rider2 car dock

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2nd Edition
Hello gang...

I am trying to find out the actual protocol used for the bluetooth section on the Rider2.

I am using a new Headset that works with the OBEX Push data protocol on the Rider2, but not with its audio stream. What I need to work with the headset is a A2DP stream. TomTom tech support does not know what the protocol it is that they use, Cardo systems is going to get back to me because they do not know as well.

The way around this is to turn around and hack a dock unit to get the audio out (unless there is a 3.5mm audio plug on the unit) and input it into a bluetooth adapter.

I know at one time there was information on the pinouts for the docks available, but I can not seem to locate it any more.

Can anyone help, or is there a A2DP hack for this unit?

Thanks,
Tom

Google this: "a2dp + tomtom"

Lots of hits .... you should find some assistance there.

Bluetooth stereo receiver or cradle pinout

Hi,
I wonder if you managed to get the car dock pinout?

Also, have you tried any bluetooth stereo receiver?

Are you using Navcore 7.901 original or SE version?

Regards

sound over BT

Maybe going out the car mount into a cars Mp3 1/8" jack will produce audio instructions?It would be nice to listen to music and have the instructions "overide" the music when it's time to turn. etc etc.
Bobbychet

Ask a Question