need help with tom tom go 510

Hello,
First I want to say that I think this is a great forum and I am happy to be part of it. This is my first post and hope to learn alot and make many more posts. My situation is this. My mother in-law purchased this tom tom go off ebay. It came with one disc and one sd card and other accessories. It didnot come with the product code. I was useing the tom tom and everything was working great, it had the USA and Canada map and Guam on it. Then for no reason it told me to remove the sd card, so I did and then it told me to re- install it. It did this for awhile, then It started working again, but now only the Guam map works. The USA doesnot open. I hooked it up to the computer went to my computer and I see the USA map is there, but now must be corrupt. I called tom tom and they told me to try the flash tool on there sight. I did and still the USA willnot work. Being nieve I didnot make a backup. Now when I try to make a backup it runs to 97 percent then stops, the message says USA map error. I have tryed several times to contact the sellers off ebay and they willnot respond. Seems all I need is the USA map, but after reading I see that the maps cost almost as much as the tom tom. I am entitled to a map on tom toms web sight, but without the product code, seems to be a waste of time. I guess the only thing left is to buy the disks and a product code.

Hello and welcome to the boards.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you left feedback for the seller? You can leave a negative feedback and they almost always respond back to you.

If not, I think you may end up having to buy the maps. You don't need the PC, just the serial number and should be able to order it (at full price).

Ask a Question