Need a new Totom Help

Hi .... i have a tomtom Go 710 it a bit old now and i dont seem to be able to up
date it... it has an sd card...
i think it maybe time to buy a new one... can anyone recomed a good one
Thanks

No... i dont do a lot of travelling... i belong to a dog walking group
And we go on lots of walk all over the uk, so i need to be able to fine
The parks, i only need it to find my way to the park, not for the walk
I also use it to go on holiday in the uk, i don’t need it for work..
Nice long batter life would be good... the tomtom 710 was fab
It just a bit old now and i can’t update the maps

i have done that... but when i went to Yorkshire from Essex... which is about a 5 hour journey there were lots of roundabout missing, been replaced with a flyover or new road lay out.
so i figured that my tomtom could not update as it has a sc card ?????

Having a sd card should make no difference. Everything goes on the card with your model as I understand it, application, maps, etc.

What version is your map? The latest is 890 and 895 is due in about 5 weeks or so.

Tap the satellite bars in the bottom right of the status bar. The next screen shows the version number of the APPLICATION installed. Now, tap the version number and the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

Well, you can see by the 2nd link I provided in my previous post that the 650 map is now SIX years old.

Yep, you may want to upgrade .. small wonder the 'current' map on your device no longer routes you very well.

ok thank you for all your help.... now i know what to do
just need to think about the cost do i get a new unit or get the map update

Thank you :)

Ask a Question