NAVCORE 7 bugs

TomTom Model(s)
910 and ONE
I upgraded my wifes ONE (I have a 910) and now she has Ver. 7. When using the "Help Me" option and going to "Where Am I", it will tell me im at the correct intersection every time (IE: Between Washington Blvd and Hollins Ferry Rd.) but the town is usually incorrect.I live in Baltimore Md and it will tell me Im in Severn Md or Woodlawn Md even when Im sitting on my own street :confused: . But, if I move 10 yards, it may say the correct city until I move again.

I sure hope that gets worked out, because if my wife were to use that in an emergency and the ambulance went to the wrong town...it sure wouldnt be a good thing.

Just a warning... ;)

I'm having the same problem. Says I'm in one city but am actually in another city that is almost 25km away. So far I'm not impressed. Can I downgrade back to v.6?

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. Says I'm in one city but am actually in another city that is almost 25km away. So far I'm not impressed. Can I downgrade back to v.6?
If you did a backup before you upgraded, then yes.

I did a back-up but it won't restore it.
uh oh.

Well go into Document & Settings and then the TomTom folder. Under backups, you should be able to find the files and then transfer them over manually. Also, I keep a copy of the application via TomTom HOME (I use Copy To Computer) so that I can reinstall it if I need to.

So my TT1 wouldn't start up anymore and even a reset did nothing. Returned it to the place of purchase and exchanged it for another one. Not going to upgrade this one to Navcore 7 until the bugs have been worked out.

I upgraded inadvertently but I have not seen any show stopper bugs. My city is also displayed wrong as mentioned in this thread earlier. And the screen blanking feature freezes the device after the screen is restored so I had to disable the screen blanking feature. Also the speed limit chime and warning comes on at slow speeds too. Annoying but not a show stopper.

The only thing that bothered me was it gave me (way) wrong directions to a friend's place and I have used it for the same place before and the directions then were fine. So there is probably something funky but I am not sure if its the new navcore or the maps.

How about this bug:

Day/Night brightness always has to be set. For example, I start off using night colors (and brightness). I get to my destination and turn the unit off. When I get back in my car and turn the TT on again, it still shows night colors but with daytime brightness. REALLY annoying.

I'm pretty sure I never had to fiddle with the colors/brightness prior to the upgrade.

I hope they fix this soon.

-N-:(

How about this bug:

Day/Night brightness always has to be set. For example, I start off using night colors (and brightness). I get to my destination and turn the unit off. When I get back in my car and turn the TT on again, it still shows night colors but with daytime brightness. REALLY annoying.

I'm pretty sure I never had to fiddle with the colors/brightness prior to the upgrade.

It depends which model you have. ONE models don't have a light sensor but GO models do.

It depends which model you have. ONE models don't have a light sensor but GO models do.

Hi Nextourer,

My bad, should've been clearer. Prior to the the navcore update, when I set my TT ONE to night color (and brightness) then turned it off, then turned it back on, the color/brightness setting was still set to whatever it was when I turned it off. After the update, when I set it to night then turn it off, when I turn it back on, brightness is like the daylight setting but still using then night color.

I'm not sure if I can explain it any better than that so please bear with me. LOL!

-N-

Hi Nextourer,

My bad, should've been clearer. Prior to the the navcore update, when I set my TT ONE to night color (and brightness) then turned it off, then turned it back on, the color/brightness setting was still set to whatever it was when I turned it off. After the update, when I set it to night then turn it off, when I turn it back on, brightness is like the daylight setting but still using then night color.

I'm not sure if I can explain it any better than that so please bear with me. LOL!

-N-
Perhaps run the "Change Map Colour" preference again. Choose your day and night maps and try your routine again.

I haven't updated my one to the Nav7, but does the Nav7 offer a brightness preference menu? if it does offer that option is there the option to switch to night view when dark?

Here is my dilemma with the night colours. Somewhere, I set it up to be connected with the headlights. Now I can't do it manually, nor can I find that setting. Any ideas?

I also noted different routes with 7.13 using 6.65 maps. I find city names wrong in the Ottawa area. When I bought the One V2 3 weeks ago, it upgraded to 7.12 right away. I used it and it was fine. Then i decided to play with it and they have already moved to 7.13. Is this just a case of TT trying to push out a bunch of new stuff that is causing undesirable behaviours, or is this something that happens all the time with them? I am a bit of a geek, so it doesn't bother me, but I would like to know if this is normal for them.

Still loving my TT1!

Even though I see a feature to turn off the warning to hide the TomTom (so it doesn't get stolen) it didn't seem to stop showing me the warning...

Also it looks like that warning message is shown in full brightness which means turning it on and off might run down my battery faster than before. Not a big deal :eek:

How about this bug:

It's fixed in 7.131

Ask a Question