NA 835.2419 POI database

Can I use the 835 POI database with the 840 map installed?

Make a backup using Explorer, just in case (of your map folder) but the 835 large poi.dat and crpoi.dat files should work. They do for me on my NA 840 map.

When I copied these POI files to my GO 730, TT Home gave me an error when it next initialized the 730, let me sent it anonymously to TomTom, and then shut down. Sorry, I do not have the text of the message, but I am running the 8.351 navcore and the 810.1907 maps. When I put the original POI data back, all was well. I know newer maps are available; would updating make the larger POI set compatible? TIA.

Excellent, thanks. Time to take advantage of the map guarantee :)

Edit: Well, with the map upgrade I no longer have enough room in the internal memory for these POI, even if I remove the originals. I've taken off everything I can to make room, too. Sigh... :mad:

Last edited:
They fit fine on my 720 with 100+ mb to spare, did you try removing foreign computer voices?

Perhaps try doing a backup per here, then formatting the drive, then copying your mapfolder back to the Tomtom and using HOME to reinstall the application and only one voice back.

will this work for a 130. I put the poi.dat in my map folder but then nothing shows up when i select POI from device.

will this work for a 130. I put the poi.dat in my map folder but then nothing shows up when i select POI from device.

I think the non-IQroutes devices use a different format for the POI files, so I don't think it will work.

I think the non-IQroutes devices use a different format for the POI files, so I don't think it will work.

I can confirm that. I just tried installing the 835 POI in my XL and it doesn't work. The file is actually smaller than the other POI file I installed (815 POI I tihnk) but most likely more up to date.

Yes, just replace the poi.dat and crpoi.dat files with the ones posted. Within the specific map folder will be a brand sub folder. The zipped brand folder .bmps can go there.

I'd advise, just to play safe, that you make a complete backup of your unit's contents PRIOR to changing the .dat files. Use Explorer for the backup.

Yes, the 835.2419 POI exchange (crpoi, poi and brand folder) works with the 845.2645 NA 2GB map

whats strange - the 845.2647 POI does not work with the 845.2645 map - but the 835 POI is larger and shows the missing POI's I had lost on my 845 map.

Mule

Yes, the 835.2419 POI exchange (crpoi, poi and brand folder) works with the 845.2645 NA 2GB map

whats strange - the 845.2647 POI does not work with the 845.2645 map - but the 835 POI is larger and shows the missing POI's I had lost on my 845 map.

Mule
Just so I can get a sense of type of POI "missing" from the "upgrade" can you just give a couple of examples of ones in the 835 POI but missing from the 845?

Thanks

Tomtom HOME is offering the "North America" map for my GO 740. I'll see once it opens up, but I would expect that I'll finally get the full POI set on the 740.

Ask a Question