GO930 835.2451 epic fail on 2 new divaces

bought one GO930 failed in getting map waranty couse of instal isues
probably couse of russian version of tomtom...not like i need russian map or anything
all i need was estonian new map but there were no go930t in shops with 2419 maps
and it doesnt matter tho, the map warrantie shows the map, but why dont it instal it?
official distrebuter of estonia tryed also and failed...

tryed on 2 difrent pcs with XP and Vista and on 2 difrent divaces bouth go930 and bouth unpacked and new
here the images​

tomtomkammone.png

tomtomkamm.png

Offhand, I would think the download may be corrupt. It happens, especially if you've downloaded a large file(like a map) using a wireless connection instead of a directly connected computer.

If that is not the situation here, then you might try the information found here on how to install a map without using Home.

Offhand, I would think the download may be corrupt. It happens, especially if you've downloaded a large file(like a map) using a wireless connection instead of a directly connected computer.

If that is not the situation here, then you might try the information found here on how to install a map without using Home.

well i tryed to upload the map manualy but the problem is that when tomtom home downloads the map

the file name Europe_2GB_U winrar size is 0KB in stead of 1997.2MB

i tryed it on pc with windows XP and it has the same problem with bouth of divices

i tryed delete and download it again from map waranty and same shitt over and over again
no doubt that i do all right, couse its not the first time im doing it...and the image again :(

ps. yesterday i made warranty to one classic 42 worked perfect
errorgg.png

oh god :D i got all accounts, im not noob.....i talked to someone from tomtom and he said that i need older application for my divice 8.060 if someone can find me that software i would be very thankful

i cant downgrade my app, even if i delete all files from root and try update it again:eek:

Ask them what the full number of the nacore is, it should be more like 8,060,1234 (where the 1234 will be four specific numbers not 1234) - I very much doubt the Navcore is 8,060 as I have never seen that sofware release and I have all of them on my PC, I just checked to be sure and the nearest I have is 8,051 for a Go-x30 but that might never have been released!

Upshot is I doubt this specific version exists but I am happy to be proven wrong (again - I will get that in before anyone else! as this could be region specific) - get the full Navcore number and we will be able to work out a full download link direct to the servers at TomTom, prior to Navcore 8,300 the map version number which is the four extra digits formed part of the download URL - Mike

Ask them what the full number of the nacore is, it should be more like 8,060,1234 (where the 1234 will be four specific numbers not 1234) - I very much doubt the Navcore is 8,060 as I have never seen that sofware release and I have all of them on my PC, I just checked to be sure and the nearest I have is 8,051 for a Go-x30 but that might never have been released!

Upshot is I doubt this specific version exists but I am happy to be proven wrong (again - I will get that in before anyone else! as this could be region specific) - get the full Navcore number and we will be able to work out a full download link direct to the servers at TomTom, prior to Navcore 8,300 the map version number which is the four extra digits formed part of the download URL - Mike

here is the letter from support. btw same error on tomtom 730

Response (David ... (UK)) - 15/10/2009 12.53 PM
Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care
The reference number for your query is 091008-xxxxxx.

The problem that you have been describing is due to a compatibility problem between the map that is being downloaded and the software version on the device.

For devices that use Russian language characters, there needs to be a specific version of the TomTom application. This is version 8.060.

If the application is updated, then the Russian language is no longer supported, and therefore the device cannot read the map that you are attempting to download.

Therefore I would like you to check if you have a version 8.060 application saved anywhere that you can restore to the devices.

Please check the following:

- In TomTom HOME, go to Add Traffic, Voices, Safety Cameras etc
- Scroll through to Items on My Computer.
- Check for Applications, then check the version number under More Info.

If the application is version 8.060 then you can restore this to the device, and try to download the map again.

It is worth noting that this problem will occur if you update the application then try to download the Latest Map Guarantee for these devices. Therefore, please do not install any application updates on GO 930 devices if you want to download the Latest Map Guarantee.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this, or if you are unable to find a copy of the application.

With Kind Regards,

David

There are special application versions for Russian maps, since they need to handle the Russian characters. If you can't find your backup 8.060 application, contact Tomtom to see if they can get it back onto your Tomtom.

Similar special versions are made for Chinese character maps.

Ask a Question