My tomtom cant see house names

Hello, i`m delivery driver in village area in York. In this area houses don`t have numbers, but only names. My tomtom cant see this names. I have old 910 model and 6... version of map. Is the new version of map will solve my problem?

For example: York, Sutton on the forest, Main street, Rose and Crown / YO61 1DP .

Alphanumeric house numbers are only available on IQ routes-enabled ONE/XL/XXL/START models, and on the GO x50 and 100x models.

Your GO 910 won't support them.

The post code will put you in the rough area on the correct road but after that you will be looking for house names, the TomTom will use numeric and even alph numeric for house numbers (newer versions only) but no TomTom will work with just House Names - Mike

The post code will put you in the rough area on the correct road but after that you will be looking for house names, the TomTom will use numeric and even alph numeric for house numbers (newer versions only) but no TomTom will work with just House Names - Mike
I'm always astounded that your post office actually gets mail where it belongs. I'm usually more astounded that anyone believes that someone has been out beating on doors asking for house names to include in a GPS map! I've got a friend up north of London whose address (apart from post code) provides not even a street name: "Commonwood, The Commons".

I'm always astounded that your post office actually gets mail where it belongs
So am I as they are so old fashioned in the entire approach to delivery unless you use a premium rate service, that said they managed to get an x40 active mount across the pond, but I posted that from WH Smiths a major News Agent rather than the Royal Mail - Mike

Last edited:

Ask a Question