music on the sd card

I just recently got a 720, and i have never used a nav system before, and im loving this thing, I was wondering if it was possible to access music/files from an SD card, I feel like im just overlooking something, and ugh I just saw that there's no voice recognition for NA, I REALLY hope that update gets pushed out soon.

thanks!

Hello and welcome.
I believe to have your 720 play music via SD card make a folder in the sd card with the name 'mp3' and place the files there. If that doesn't work name is 'music'.

Music on 720

the directory used is mp3. You just copy your music files to this directory on your SD card and it works fine. You can set the tomtom to send it to your car stereo via FM transmission. Just find a clear FM frequency on your radio and set tomtom to same frequency and you get music through your car speakers. I have it set this way for music, directions and phone calls

the directory used is mp3. You just copy your music files to this directory on your SD card and it works fine. You can set the tomtom to send it to your car stereo via FM transmission. Just find a clear FM frequency on your radio and set tomtom to same frequency and you get music through your car speakers. I have it set this way for music, directions and phone calls

You have the phone routed through the FM transmitter on a 720? How did you manage that?

Ask a Question