Multiple maps usage

Hi,

I have in my TomTom (WM phone), separate maps for Western Europe and Eastern Europe. I am planning an itenerary from Germany (Western Europe) to the Czech Republic (Eastern Europe) but unable to do so.

I can browse the maps individually but the maps do not seem to be working together. Is there any trick to make these maps work together?

Another question (probably a dumb one) but how do I determine the version of the Tomtom sw and maps I have on my Windows Mobile phone?

Thanks,
sg

You can plan a trip to the eastern most part of one country in one map and then from the western most part of the bordering country in the other map but you can't plan a trip from a point in one map to a point in the other.

That said, if the gps detects you currently are in the jurisdiction of a map other than the one you currently have selected, TomTom will offer to switch you to the map for which there is coverage now. That may help.

Thanks for the information. But since the maps have been purchased directly from TomTom albeit at different times, cant I obtain a new map which covers both WE and EEurope?

It would be nice to have a tweak which would allow merging the two maps!

Cheers,

But since the maps have been purchased directly from TomTom albeit at different times, cant I obtain a new map which covers both WE and EEurope?
I am reasonably certain that there is no possibility to merge two map systems.
Don't know about your phone but for TomTom's own devices a Western&Central_Europe map is available for purchase.

There is still no need for you to purchase a new map if you have a general idea from where in Germany to where in the Czech Republic you are planning to travel, even with several options.
Open Google maps and put in your starting point, click on Directions and put in your destination.
Google maps will now show where you will be crossing the border.
In the Custom POI category you will have set up for that trip you enter the German name for that border crossing as a POI and you also enter the Czech name for that crossing as a separate POI.
Now, no matter which map you are on, you can easily switch, as dhn explained, and go on from the other side.
If you are not planning on taking or purchasing maps (since TomTom I don't bother), just make a few Google map prints and take them with you.
The bast part for a trip is still the Custom POI category where you enter every conceivable address for your trip so you will not have to make the data entry while on the road.

Ask a Question