New Unit Reco / Multiple Maps

About to buy a GPS but want to make sure I'm making the right purchase.

I don't require anything special, but its essential that the unit has multiple map capability (North America and Western Europe). From what I've read its pretty evident that the TomTom can handle Different Maps, but I want to make sure the unit I buy has enough memory/space to handle both of these maps.

I am considering purchasing the TomTom One XL330s. Will this unit meet my needs?

Does this unit have enough space for both maps? Will the lack of free space effect the functionality at all? (Slowed performance etc.)

Thanks in advance

The 330 appears to have either 1GB or 2GB of unexpandable internal memory. Therefore it can only hold one map or the other. However, tomtom memory is readable as a USB drive when plugged into a computer. You can copy the map you are not using onto a computer North America map to your computer, and copy the western europe map back on.

See:
www.tomtom.com/7957

You may want to consider a refurbished Go 720. The 720 support up to 8GB SD cards, so it could easily fit all the maps. It's on a few reputable online websites for under $200.

For you to use that model, you would have to move one map off the unit onto the computer in order to fir the other map on.

Consider a Go 720 or 730 with 2 gig internal and you can buy a 4 gig or higher (with firmware 8.3+) sdhc card to use in **addition** to the internal. Or a 920 or 930 that comes with 4 gigs of internal.

About to buy a GPS but want to make sure I'm making the right purchase.

I don't require anything special, but its essential that the unit has multiple map capability (North America and Western Europe). From what I've read its pretty evident that the TomTom can handle Different Maps, but I want to make sure the unit I buy has enough memory/space to handle both of these maps.

I am considering purchasing the TomTom One XL330s. Will this unit meet my needs?

Does this unit have enough space for both maps? Will the lack of free space effect the functionality at all? (Slowed performance etc.)

Thanks in advance

You should consider the 920 or 930 could get it for $250 or so on the internet. Then they have all the maps you need plus room for expansion with a sd card

Ask a Question