More noob questions

1) i dont seem to be able to update my car icon on my tt one 3rd

2) i see a banner saying that a new map is out 7.20 what is the difference between downloading the new map and taking the user corrections?
I bought my tom tom maybe a week or so ago and i havae map usa_and_canada v710.1575

isn't there a grace period to download new maps?

3) why does tom tom home suck so bad. I can install apps but i cant uninstall whats that all about

4) is there a way to make my own custome overlays? I see that a few are offered but none apear to be in the US?

1) i dont seem to be able to update my car icon on my tt one 3rd
See my write-up >>> HERE <<<

2) i see a banner saying that a new map is out 7.20 what is the difference between downloading the new map and taking the user corrections? I bought my tom tom maybe a week or so ago and i havae map usa_and_canada v710.1575
Downloading a new map means that TomTom has completely validated the update and incorporated into their 'official' map files.

Taking the user corrections creates another file on your TomTom where the updates are stored. I, personally, would use the "Latest Map Guarantee" to get the latest version until your 'latest map guarantee' expires.

isn't there a grace period to download new maps?
You have 30 days from the first time you sign into TomTom HOME to get a new map using "latest map guarantee"

You have 1 year to get Map Corrections.

3) why does tom tom home suck so bad. I can install apps but i cant uninstall whats that all about
Good question.... However, you can REMOVE some items from the TomTom by going to the REMOVE ITEMS FROM MY ONE button.

4) is there a way to make my own custome overlays? I see that a few are offered but none apear to be in the US?
Yes, but it is a very tedious task.

Last edited:
Thanks!!
Downloading a new map means that TomTom has completely validated the update and incorporated into their 'official' map files.

Taking the user corrections creates another file on your TomTom where the updates are stored. I, personally, would use the "Latest Map Guarantee" to get the latest version until your 'latest map guarantee' expires.

You have 30 days from the first time you sign into TomTom HOME to get a new map using "latest map guarantee"
How do i do this? do i have to call them or something?
You have 1 year to get Map Corrections.

Good question.... However, you can REMOVE some items from the TomTom by going to the REMOVE ITEMS FROM MY ONE button.

Yes, but it is a very tedious task.

would you mind explaining a little more? <<< nevermind i see what you mean

Last edited:

Ask a Question