Menu Designer???

I haven't used that program, I prefer to edit the menu file by hand. But after you've created the TomTom.mnu file you need to copy it to your GPS. There is no existing file or folder for it on the stock TomTom units. Create a directory (folder) at the root of the TomTom drive named "sdkregistry" and put the TomTom.mnu file inside that folder. Restart your GPS and you should have your custom menus.

To revert to the stock menus just delete the whole folder and restart.

Thank you Boyd and Birdman. So, if I want to revert back to the old menu, I don't have to delete the new file; I can just change the name of it because the TomTom is looking for the specific folder and/or the TomTom.mnu file?

So, if I want to revert back to the old menu, I don't have to delete the new file; I can just change the name of it because the TomTom is looking for the specific folder and/or the TomTom.mnu file?

Correct! I just rename mine to something like 'TomTom.mnu.xxx' and it isn't recognized.

Ask a Question