Help Please on TT Menu Designer

I could use some help here - I've tried to install the tomtom.mnu file as generated by the TT Menu Designer, but for some reason, my ONE does not seem to recognize it. It simply is acting normally - that is, as if I had not added anything to the card at all. I had previously installed Tripmaster and Skip Waypoint, which had been placed in a folder named "sdkregistry". Those programs have performed normally. When I attempted to add the "SdkRegistry" folder as directed by the TTMenu Designer, I got a message that that folder already existed (even though the case letters were different). So I renamed that folder "SdkRegistry" and placed the tomtom.mnu file inside (I had previously amended that file in Notepad to add the necessary sdk references required by Tripmaster and Skip Waypoint). After rebooting, no custom changes to the menu, or any differences whatsoever.

Anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate any suggestions.

I know in the TT Menu designer manual it says you have to have the folder created as 'SdkRegistry' other wise it will not work.

That isn't true because I just left the folder name to default which is 'SDKRegistry' and my custom menu shows up. Try that.

I don't know why it wouldn't work if you used the folder name 'SdkRegistry' because in windows its the same name. Maybe because the TomTom unit is running on Linux where it differentiates between upper and lower case?

Last edited:
Yes, put your Tripmaster and menu file in the same folder. Make sure that the file is named 'TomTom.mnu'. (Note that if you edited it with Notepad, you might have a .txt file extension added on. You must remove this in order for it to work.)

Yes, put your Tripmaster and menu file in the same folder. Make sure that the file is named 'TomTom.mnu'. (Note that if you edited it with Notepad, you might have a .txt file extension added on. You must remove this in order for it to work.)

Ah yes, good point. The extension of the file shouuld be a .mnu

Thanks for all the quick replies.

I did change the txt extension, but it did not work. I also tried changing the folder name to "SDKRegistry", also without luck. Very very strange.

I guess I need more help.

Well, it gets even stranger. I"ve been troubleshooting, and the last thing I tried was to generate a new mnu file from Designer, and not amend it per Tripmaster. Lo and behold, not only did that give me the custom menu, but Tripmaster was present as well. Who knew.

Anyway, it's working - thanks to all for the suggestions.

Well, it gets even stranger. I"ve been troubleshooting, and the last thing I tried was to generate a new mnu file from Designer, and not amend it per Tripmaster. Lo and behold, not only did that give me the custom menu, but Tripmaster was present as well. Who knew.

Anyway, it's working - thanks to all for the suggestions.

Perfect. Glad we could help.

Ask a Question