memory card

hello everybody i have a 720 and i want to buy a memory card that will work with this unit. i read diffrent thread and i most say i'm still lost.
hcsd will work they wont work i have no idea any help welcome

SDHC works just fine on the 720

hello everybody i have a 720 and i want to buy a memory card that will work with this unit. i read diffrent thread and i most say i'm still lost.
hcsd will work they wont work i have no idea any help welcome

I am using a SanDisk 8 GB, Extreme III (SDHC) on my 720.

It works just fine.

Be sure to format it FAT32 on a windoze machine.

Check out this thread, I just finished playing around with card sizes. In short, it appears the largest card you can read/write to is 4gb SDHC. If you format the card in a card reader and use the card reader to write the files to it, you can use larger cards. The TomTom will be able to read the files, but not write to them. That limits you to using larger cards for music only. You could also put maps on them, but that may interfere with doing updates of POI's and maps via HOME.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=8372

dni77, What are you keeping on the 8gb card?

I've got a Kingston 4gb class 6 card in my 720 and it works great! I moved everything off the internal memory to the card and have had no problems. It being a class 6 card I've noticed no degradation in performance.

Ask a Question