Max Speed

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hello All,

So for some reason my TomTom does not show my Max speed while on a trip. I have it set to tell me my Max Speed next to my current speed. However, it does not do this...

How can I get my maximum speed to come up?

Thanks,
Parker

It's in the mapping data so it'll depend on where you are. I did a trip to California/Nevada and didn't see any on my trip either. I was using the 650 maps.

Im not too familar with this option, but I think it will not show you the max speed but use a sound to notify if you are speeding beyond a set speed.

Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Nextourer is spot on here, the speed limits are in the map data.

If you have enabled the option and don't see the speed limit next to your current speed (e.g.: 119/120) it is not in the map data. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that other than report it via map-shares 'report other error' option.

To test it, you could use advanced planning to run a demo route in an area where speed data is present. Someone else may be able to give you some such locations. I can't as I am in Europe. I know it is no help to you, but it works very well here.

Ask a Question