Third Party App To Record Max Speed

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Does anyone know of an app I can install that would capture and store the max speed recorded on the unit? I'd like to know when "others" are driving my car how fast they are going.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of an app I can install that would capture and store the max speed recorded on the unit? I'd like to know when "others" are driving my car how fast they are going.

Thanks.

Search for Tripmaster. Can start automatically, run in background, and log stuff. Until you quit, it shows max speed for the session.

The Garmin units have a screen with max speed and other information which is accumulated. My experience is that it's not very accurate though because of the bogus data which is sometimes logged when satellite reception is bad. I never really paid attention to it on my Nuvi, but on my StreetPilot 2620 the max speed was usually several hundred miles per hour.

Maybe TomTom software does a better job though?

Who said that?
It works on my version 7.162

I said that:) And hundreds of other users on different European forums, including the developer of TripMaster. It's a definition if it's working. What I said in my post was that it's not working properly!
It's very slow compared to running on V6, the screen hangs for several seconds from time to time. But the most important is that the logging is wrong! It skips logging points from time to time, and it also skips the distance so the distance gets wrong! If you have been able to get this working you are the only one that I have heard about.

I said that:) And hundreds of other users on different European forums, including the developer of TripMaster. It's a definition if it's working. What I said in my post was that it's not working properly!
It's very slow compared to running on V6, the screen hangs for several seconds from time to time. But the most important is that the logging is wrong! It skips logging points from time to time, and it also skips the distance so the distance gets wrong! If you have been able to get this working you are the only one that I have heard about.

If you say so. :rolleyes: Perhaps explaining that in the first place would have been more educational than just saying, "it's only working properly for V6 software".

When I said it "works" on 7.162, I simply meant that it's operational. Without thorough testing and some online research, how could I know that it has these various quirks you mentioned?

Thank-you for pointing out all its flaws.

Ask a Question