Max speed not showing

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
Hello all... new owner and new to the forum.

I have not been able to get the maximum speed to show up on my One XL-S no matter what I try. I have checked the box to have it displayed, removed some things from the status bar, etc., and nothing seems to work. I thought perhaps it just didn't have it for my local roads, but a recent trip to Indianapolis (I-70, I-465) came up with nothing as well.

If I am reading through the forum threads correctly, I am wondering if perhaps I do not have the most current USA/Canada map. However, TomTom Home swears I have the most recent map (which is 710.1575). I have tried to "buy" a new one, tried the Latest Map Guarantee, looked to see if I need updated firmware (mine is 8.010), tried to update, and nothing indicates that I can get anything more current than what I have.

So... do you think the maps are the problem, or is there some other reason why the max speed would not show up? Any help would be appreciated.

First by "max speed" I assume you mean the posted speed and not your max speed. Assuming that ...

I had the same problem ... along with a few other problems. This one was cured when I went to the Horizontal display. It would only show on the Vertical display if I had exceeded the posted speed. You might also want to make sure that over-speed warnings are displayed.
Good Luck,
Dr Dan

I have mine on horizontal display, so I don't think that's the problem. So... how do I update the maps if Home insists I am up to date?

(and yes, I am referring to the posted speed limit)

If you are in the 30 day window, call support at 866-486-6866.

HOWEVER......

You will NOT be offered an updated (version 8) map if you do NOT have firmware 8x installed on your unit. That may be the issue......

If you are in the 30 day window, call support at 866-486-6866.

HOWEVER......

You will NOT be offered an updated (version 8) map if you do NOT have firmware 8x installed on your unit. That may be the issue......

I believe mine is at 8.010.

You NEED f/w 8.3 to be offered the 815 map BUT make a complete Explorer backup prior to doing that update.

You NEED f/w 8.3 to be offered the 815 map BUT make a complete Explorer backup prior to doing that update.

Are you sure about that ?

My XL has the latest firmware which is 8.010 and I am offered Map 815 when I look for maps available through Home.

So if I purchased it I'd have problems ??

I think the 8.3 f/w combo and 815 map is required for the Go series only (x20, x30)

Fairly sure it's due to the old map version.

My old TT One 2nd Edition runnng App V7.9 and two maps 7.10 and 7.20 shows the posted speed limits on the 7.20 map but NOT on the 7.10 map.

I'm also having speed limit issues

I've only owned my TomTom for a week now, and already this forum has been a wealth of information. Before I call customer service, I figured I pose my question here. I own the One 130 and have also noticed that speed limits aren't showing up for me except for on the interstates. I live in a fairly large metropolis and I figured speed limits would be available for the majority of the roads....but no. I can't image that it's my map version that is causing this....I uploaded the latest version as soon as I got the GPS home. My version is 815.2022. Any help would be appreciated.

Data for speed limits is not imbedded in all roads -- even major ones -- for various locations.

One hopes that future map updates will include more information.

Also realize that your model, being on the low end, has less storage space in your map than do higher end models that have 2 or 4 gigs of internal storage...........

I can't image that it's my map version that is causing this....I uploaded the latest version as soon as I got the GPS home. My version is 815.2022. Any help would be appreciated.

Your issue is different from the thread starter's, in that you have a map with speed limits embedded, but your specific area's roads are not yet encoded on the map, as mentioned above. If you used that same map in the Detroit area, you'd find the speed limits are shown on just about all the roads. (I've yet to drive a road in this area WITHOUT a speed limit, even on my old 7.20 Canada/Alaska map)

Ask a Question