Mapshare won't update

My tomtom home software says my mapshare is 29 weeks out of date with 18,734. Every time I go to update it says no updates are available.

This is on a TomTom One XL with App version 7.162

What can I do to update this so I can keep my maps up-to date.

Thanks
Nick

My tomtom home software says my mapshare is 29 weeks out of date with 18,734. Every time I go to update it says no updates are available.

Thanks
Nick

Mapshare has been offline for a while now. But some are reporting this morning that they are getting updates again. So you might try later today.
John

Thanks
Nick

Mapshares had not been working for anybody recently. The weird message you saw is as a consequence of (again) TomTom's servers not communicating with TTHome properly.

Anyway, users here and in Europe are again reporting that they're receiving mapshares today.

Thanks for the info. I am new to TomTom's I like it but there are definitely a couple of glaring problems with it. Maps are not correct with road names and stuff like that.

Nick

Thanks for the info. I am new to TomTom's I like it but there are definitely a couple of glaring problems with it. Maps are not correct with road names and stuff like that.

Nick
The nice thing about that is, you can correct street names, and they will display the correction on your unit immediately.

I am reading that people are getting updates with mapshare but I still get nothing. Is there anything that I could be doing wrong?

Nick

Are there any settings specifically I should try checking, because everything I can change seems to be correct.

Sorry for the noob questions
Nick

Are there any settings specifically I should try checking, because everything I can change seems to be correct.

Sorry for the noob questions
Nick
Open HOME, connect your device, and in the toolbar, under tools then mapshare settings, you can set the updates that you receive.

I also am still not receiving map share updates. I tried last night and again this morning. In "Home" it shows 7 weeks out of date and 4700 map share updates available. I checked all of my mapshare settings and everything looks correct. I have received map share updates in the past. I will admit that before having this problem I hadn't hooked my tomtom to the computer in about a month.

I hvae a One LE, I have NOT gotten mapshare updates in a long time also.

I show I have 16,283 Map Shares.

I am using Map 710.1575.

And POI udates, it feels like its been years.

I bought mine last weekend, installed Home, updated it to 2.2, updated my map and TomTom application to the most current. I've been able to contribute a few of my own corrections, but I can't get any MapShare updates. Last time I checked it said my map was 29 weeks out of date and missing some 18,000+ updates. I'm getting kinda irritated that it won't update.

When I go to the MapShare preferences in Home, there are no countries listed for me to choose to receive updates for. On the other tab I have a majority of the POIs selected. Home tells me I've joined the Mapshare community, as evidenced by my ability to contribute my own changes so I guess all I can do is wait. I've tried to repeatedly check for updates for minutes at a time, thinking maybe the server is just too busy for me to get through. That hasn't worked so far either.

I bought mine last weekend, installed Home, updated it to 2.2, updated my map and TomTom application to the most current. I've been able to contribute a few of my own corrections, but I can't get any MapShare updates. Last time I checked it said my map was 29 weeks out of date and missing some 18,000+ updates. I'm getting kinda irritated that it won't update.

When I go to the MapShare preferences in Home, there are no countries listed for me to choose to receive updates for. On the other tab I have a majority of the POIs selected. Home tells me I've joined the Mapshare community, as evidenced by my ability to contribute my own changes so I guess all I can do is wait. I've tried to repeatedly check for updates for minutes at a time, thinking maybe the server is just too busy for me to get through. That hasn't worked so far either.

Try this: in TTHome, Mapshare-->Select the option to remove corrections by others. Once it is done, select Update contents again.

Try this: in TTHome, Mapshare-->Select the option to remove corrections by others. Once it is done, select Update contents again.

Since I've never got other people's corrections, there isn't anything to remove. I went ahead and did it anyway, then selected Update my GO with no results.

I'm gonna have to contact Tech Support I guess. Perhaps there is something wrong with my unit.

Since I've never got other people's corrections, there isn't anything to remove. I went ahead and did it anyway, then selected Update my GO with no results.

I'm gonna have to contact Tech Support I guess. Perhaps there is something wrong with my unit.

I am in the same situation as you. Bought my TomTom on the weekend, updated map. TomTom Home tells me my mapshare is 29 weeks out of date and wouldn't let me download them!!! Please let me know what support has to say.

Please let me know what support has to say.

I submitted my question on the support page and got this in an email: "Recently, we have been experiencing an unusually high number of incidents which has been affecting response times. You will receive a response from our support team as soon as possible ."

Perhaps all of these incidents are related to Mapshare issues? Anyway, I will repost here when I get more info.

I submitted my question on the support page and got this in an email: "Recently, we have been experiencing an unusually high number of incidents which has been affecting response times. You will receive a response from our support team as soon as possible ."

Perhaps all of these incidents are related to Mapshare issues? Anyway, I will repost here when I get more info.
I think that's the standard e-mail response.

I am in the same situation as you. Bought my TomTom on the weekend, updated map. TomTom Home tells me my mapshare is 29 weeks out of date and wouldn't let me download them!!! Please let me know what support has to say.

I am getting this same message as well. I just bought my Go 920 two days ago. I updated to the latest version of TT home and get the same message about being 29 weeks out of date and around 18,000 updates waiting. I also see no countries under map share preferences.

Dennis

Since you're the third one today having a similar experience, I suppose that rules out the idea of my unit being faulty. That's a bit of a relief.

BTW, it just occured to me that I'm posting in the wrong forum for my model. Sorry about that. I happened upon this forum after Goggling "29 weeks out of date". My apologies, although it appears that this issue is not just affecting one particular model.

Last edited:
exactly the same problem here with a One V2 fully up to date. I bought the GB 7.15 map the other day and no updates and no countries in map share preferences.

Ask a Question