MapShare corrections going back to TeleAtlas

While browsing TT page I went to investor relations and in section related to merge with TeleAtlas I spotted interesting information:

TomTom has developed unique technologies to collect and process map related data from our user base of over 15 million navigation devices. This information will be delivered to Tele Atlas after the proposed merger to allow Tele Atlas to substantially improve its map creation, enrichment and maintenance process. The improved maps will then be made available to all Tele Atlas? customers at the same time.

(...)

TomTom?s map related activities will be transferred to Tele Atlas when the merger completes. This process is designed to avoid any conflicts of interest and to ensure that all customers benefit from improvements to existing maps simultaneously.

This might suggest that all the MapShare updates and other reports will be sent to TeleAtlas after the merge. Hmm...

Interestingly, that clicks exactly with what a TT CS person told me on Monday 02/04/08. I could not get her to explain her statement that TomTom was not distributing any MapShare updates at this time. Huh?

She said that all she knew was what she had read on a paper memo and on her computer recently. :confused:

Ask a Question