Are MapShare Corrections "Tied" to a Particular Map Version?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd, GO 720
For example, do the corrections that I submit to a 7.20 map also get pushed to users with, say, 8.10 maps (assuming a very low Trust setting)?

I've only upgraded my map ver once, but I can't remember if the total number of corrections changed in Home or not.

When mapshares work (a big 'when'), mapshares are tied to a specific map. The theory is that TomTom incorporates mapshares for say 7.15, when it rolls out 7.20. That's the theory. In practice, many users are frustrated because they spend a great deal of time sending up corrections just to see these corrections NOT incorporated in the update. So, they have to start all over.

Bottom line: Some mapshares from a lower level map will probably get reflected in a higher level map, but not all.

Bottom line: Some mapshares from a lower level map will probably get reflected in a higher level map, but not all.
Okay, I get that part. And it's very much within the realm of "in theory." So far, none of my changes have appeared on TeleAtlas' Map Insight page--even those submitted directly to them.

But what about propagation across existing maps? If I submit changes today, based on my 7.20, will current owners with 8.10 versions also receive them? I'm asking because my next Tom will most likely have an 8-series map & I'm dreading the thought of re-entering all of those corrections by-hand. :eek:

Thanks,

R?

If thats the case, it really is a shame and almost a waste of time making corrections. Especially for those that maybe do a map upgrade once a year or so.

I have submitted direct to Tele a number of corrections, some errors were glaring and out of date by up to 12 years. I dont think they used any of the info passed along.

cheers

If thats the case, it really is a shame and almost a waste of time making corrections. Especially for those that maybe do a map upgrade once a year or so.
Well, the theory is that your corrections will become incorporated into TeleAtlas' database. So, they'll follow you through the annual upgrade process.

If your submissions are cool enough...it's sort of a "popularity" thing. ;)

Ask a Question