mapsettings.cfg question

hi, i have a fairly new tomtom sat nav and ive found that favourites, recent destinations and home is saved in mapsettings.cfg. I was wondering is mapsettings.cfg a commonly used file to store this information across the tomtom sat nav range?

hi, i have a fairly new tomtom sat nav and ive found that favourites, recent destinations and home is saved in mapsettings.cfg. I was wondering is mapsettings.cfg a commonly used file to store this information across the tomtom sat nav range?

I seem to notice that that file is referenced for many romrom models. However, I would not think that a .cfg file for a TomTom720, for example, could be copied to a TomTom One with an expectation that the 720 settings would 'take' on a different model.

i see. I am doing research into the mapsettings.cfg file for university and i was hoping to compare files from different models. As i dont have a large amount of money i was hoping that maybe people who have a mapsettings.cfg file from a tomtom could post it to me on the forum....... I know im asking lots from you guys and its ok if no one can but it was just an idea of mine, it would be greatly appreciated!! Obviously you can blank out destinaions or whatever with 'x''s or something?

hope thats not too cheeky of me for asking but i just dnt have the money to buy different models to further my research..thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer me:) :)

i see. I am doing research into the mapsettings.cfg file for university and i was hoping to compare files from different models. As i dont have a large amount of money i was hoping that maybe people who have a mapsettings.cfg file from a tomtom could post it to me on the forum....... I know im asking lots from you guys and its ok if no one can but it was just an idea of mine, it would be greatly appreciated!! Obviously you can blank out destinaions or whatever with 'x''s or something?

hope thats not too cheeky of me for asking but i just dnt have the money to buy different models to further my research..thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer me:) :)

I'm afraid you're going to have to direct your request to one of the moderators here. You see, what you're asking for is a poster to provide a file that is part of and generated by copyrighted software....which is technically illegal, at least in resonsible forums such as this.

ah right, how will i get intouch with the moderators or will they find me after reading my post?

After logging into this forum, you should see near the top of the screen a row of menu items. The first is called 'User CP'. Click on it. On the left side of the new screen you'll see more menu options. One is 'send new message. (it'll be a private message). In the To: field, type (without quotes) 'Pedro2NR' (it may show that name as you type the letters, anyway). Treat the rest of the fields as a normal email message and click on 'submit' when finished.

Ask a Question