keeping mapsettings.cfg when updating to latest map causes endless cresh/reboot loop

keeping mapsettings.cfg when updating to latest map causes endless crash/reboot loop

When I update maps, I normally copy and keep my Mapsettings.cfg file, so that I don't lose all my favorites.

When I did the latest map update, this caused it to crash and reboot, during the boot. So I could not use the device at all. When I put back the empty Mapsettings.cfg file, it worked fine.

So I reverted the map, to the previous version, so I can keep my favorites for now.

Anyone have an idea's of how I can update to the latest map, and not lose all my favorites!!!

Last edited:
When I update maps, I normally copy and keep my Mapsettings.cfg file, so that I don't lose all my favorites.

When I did the latest map update, this caused it to crash and reboot, during the boot. So I could not use the device at all. When I put back the empty Mapsettings.cfg file, it worked fine.

So I reverted the map, to the previous version, so I can keep my favorites for now.

Anyone have an idea's of how I can update to the latest map, and not lose all my favorites!!!

I f you are able to use the emulator in tomtom home go into your unit using this emulator and add a letter or change the name of any favorite the then disconnect normallly. This should stop the spontaneous reboot and you should be able to use your favorites when you disconnect from home.

Ask a Question