maps that came with device not working?

hi everyone,

i updated my tomtom one LE last night, and now my US and Canada maps (the ones that came with the device, and were working fine up until last night) now show up in tomtom as needing to be activated? any thoughts?

i tried (thank you for the link) and it didn't do anything. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the maps, and i get the same message. the only map i can get to work is GUAM, which is kind of ridiculous as i will never be in guam.

i don't know what happened...i got my tomtom for christmas and everything worked perfectly up until last night, now it's telling me the preloaded maps are not compatible!

i tried (thank you for the link) and it didn't do anything. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the maps, and i get the same message. the only map i can get to work is GUAM, which is kind of ridiculous as i will never be in guam.

i don't know what happened...i got my tomtom for christmas and everything worked perfectly up until last night, now it's telling me the preloaded maps are not compatible!
You might have to bite the bullet and call support. I had to do it once, and my only complaint was the 30 minute hold time, which is out of their control, but they were very helpful, and took care of the problem in 5 minutes.

Do you have a backup of the unit from before you did the update? If so, navigate to the USA & Canada map folder and find the file 'USA_and_Canada-7.meta.dct'. Copy this file over to the map folder on your unit.

This is the file that makes the activation link between the map and your unit.

I'm pissed off too and also NOT in Guam!

I got my tomtom ONE XLS April 1st or so and it worked great out of the box. Then it has gone to hell since dealing with HOME version whatever!

I only had Guam tonight, after an e-mail with an attachment from tomtom support trying to get my sounds back, then all I had was Guam, yet in HOME my contents show the 715 USA_Canada map is there, but it is nowhere to be found in the unit touch screen, including manage maps!

I am so pissed! :mad: To think I raved about the unit today at work to another co-worker, and no I am wide awake and pissed at 1:59 AM messing with this **** XLS with "No maps found!"

I want my maps back, or it is going to Office Depot and they had better exchange it for a $349 unit that works. HOME sucks!

no maps or map needs activating

I got my tomtom ONE XLS April 1st or so and it worked great out of the box. Then it has gone to hell since dealing with HOME version whatever!

I only had Guam tonight, after an e-mail with an attachment from tomtom support trying to get my sounds back, then all I had was Guam, yet in HOME my contents show the 715 USA_Canada map is there, but it is nowhere to be found in the unit touch screen, including manage maps!

I am so pissed! :mad: To think I raved about the unit today at work to another co-worker, and no I am wide awake and pissed at 1:59 AM messing with this **** XLS with "No maps found!"

I want my maps back, or it is going to Office Depot and they had better exchange it for a $349 unit that works. HOME sucks!

I know exactly how you feel, having gone through the same thing, and still have no solution as yet. Waiting for a couple of sd cards to try the "european fix".
meanwhile I bought another tt1 new edition 4, as My friend wanted one, but I'm using that now until I work out how to revive the first disaster.

On my laptop I have installed home 1 and not connected to the net, I have discovered that it supports multiple backups so you can keep a list. BUT on home 2 you backup over the last backup, rewritten, only the last back is ever available. This is annoying if you are connecting multiple devices.
So Home 2 is on my desktop with net access for any updating.

How come people are letting tom tom make it so hard for us.

Isn't there any deeper tweaking to get around this crap. I don't really care if it is possible for anyone to steal their precious maps...
I just want the one I paid for with the unit, to work without having to resort to tt service merry go round.

Come on, hacking for your own property can hardly be illegal.

Let's get it together and beat the drum. tom tittie tom tom

hi everyone,

i updated my tomtom one LE last night, and now my US and Canada maps (the ones that came with the device, and were working fine up until last night) now show up in tomtom as needing to be activated? any thoughts?

can you actually do the activation...put in the device code?? or are you locked out of that?

Device Code?? Map Activation??

can you actually do the activation...put in the device code?? or are you locked out of that?

Here's the deal ok. If I am anywhere near half right, there are millions of us tom tom navigators around the world, and most, who are a little computer wise, or unwise, will inevitably end up here searching threads. BECAUSE

1. They (like me) did not realise the vital importance of a Virgin Backup.
2. Have stuck their TT on a computer, and the Home updates, and after that, everything goes to shyte.
3. Having got to the point of frustration trying to work around, HERE I AM.
4. For some mysterious reason, no one can find anywhere in their box of tom tom, a "map activation number", I am not alone here am I?? Sure I can find out the device number, ring TT suoport, supply a receipt, only to hear that I have bought a "refurbished unit" or insert whatever excuse they will give you, and then they suggest you buy a map and they'll download it to Home and viola, it's yours for $150 australian. - ABOUT HERE you will start to feel cheated on.
5. Nerds and Geeks unite with Adventurers to salvage some sort of justice from a TomTom world as hard as stone.

6. Does it nearly always end in having to pay for the stinking map?

7. After wising up and spending the bucks, are we ready now to BACKUP!!!!

8. Having got this far, you NOW KNOW that these things F* Up when you hook them into your computer, unless you are very vigilant in your procedures. READ MORE POSTS (recommended). all too late now, of course, but useful for learning how not to do it again.

9. Resign yourself to the inevitable. You can't as yet find the right thread to help you get your maps back that came with the unit, and that SUCKS, and that is why I keep coming back here to find some genius that will help me understand these technical little buggers.

So now, both YOU and I, wish we had never connected to the computer and the internet "update".

Good Luck Voyagers, I hear the TomTom works the best. So far, I don't have any difficulty finding my way around GUAM... shouts loudly at the computer monitor... "GIVE ME BACK MY MAPS ***HOLES" ...crawls over to corner of room and curls up in the fetal position, gently rocking backwards and forwards... thinks...I could go and live in Guam.... it looks easy to get around in....did I really waste my money on this plastic pos...oh the buyers remorse...

Ask a Question