Maps date

Hi all.

I just bought my TomTom xxl.

And I have my europe map, free for 1 year (I can update the map for 1 year).

But where can I see, this date? I mean, when can I see the date, when my download will stop to be free?

Somthing like... "Your maps, will be free until xx/xx/xxxx"?

Thx a lot!

Hi all.
. . .But where can I see, this date? I mean, when can I see the date, when my download will stop to be free?
Somthing like... "Your maps, will be free until xx/xx/xxxx"?
Thx a lot!

Hi SteelMan and welcome to TTF!

One of the Super Mods should be able to give you more detailed and accurate information, but I believe that the free year starts from the date you powered on the device. you should be able to receive up to four quarterly updates. Not knowing which model you have, you might be able to find the subscription date by going to Services / My Services screens.

You can call CS for your country to confirm the situation. The phone number is shown when you log into tomtom.com for your country, click on the Support menu item and the phone number is shown on the bottom right of the screen.

Must admit, that's a new one on me....What country did you buy the XXL in?

I know of countries such as the USA where you can buy certain models with LIFETIME map updates (That's the models with an "M" at the end of the name.

....and I know of countries where you get ONE free update (so long as you download it within a few weeks of purchase) - that's the "Latest Map Guarantee"

But I haven't seen free map updates for a year.

You're sure it isn't just free "LIVE Services" for a year?

Last edited:

Ask a Question