Map would not install after downloading

I just went through the process of paying for a new map (north america) and went through all the steps where it said it was downloading. Then after a very long time it gave me a green checkmark saying the download was complete but gave me an error on the install line. Something about the device not there or something, I can't remember. But now what do I do? I just paid for this map and it's not on my device. Please help so I'm not out my money.

What model do you have. What firmware? What map did you download (It will be on your computer in the TomTom/Download folder in compressed form).

map not installing

Just one possible cause, did you use a wireless notebook. For downloading maps since it is so big and takes a little time you really must use a wired computer to the internet. just a thought

OK, now that I've stopped panicking, I figured it out. I had just bought a SD card and the first time I went to TomTom Home it asked which device I wanted to select...the gps or the sd card. I assumed that since there wouldn't be enough room on the gps that I should choose the SD card. But that was the mistake. As soon as I selected the gps as my first device my map then showed up as an option to download and everything went fine.

PS..Before I figured this out, I called support and was not pleased at all. The guy on the end of the line was yawning, grumpy and would not give me any help at all unless I could duplicate the error, which is understandable, but at least be pleasant and walk me through what I should have done to make sure I was doing it right.

Ask a Question