Map Version 7.20

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720, One LE
Home is showing map version 7.20 available. There is a USA map (791.6 MB). Is this new, as there is a USA_Canada map (847.6 MB) also?

Yea it's new, not sure when it was released but wasn't there last week.
I'm downloading now and can let you know if I see anything different.

Home is showing map version 7.20 available. There is a USA map (791.6 MB). Is this new, as there is a USA_Canada map (847.6 MB) also?

There is a new 720 US map which is exactly that .... just the US (+ Puerto Rico + Guam + the 49th and 50th States). No Canada.

Yeah but where is the PDA updated apps or maps??????:mad:

I feel abandoned. Our support of their apps helped them get started but we are now cut adrift

Thanks TomTom

There is a new 720 US map which is exactly that .... just the US (+ Puerto Rico + Guam + the 49th and 50th States). No Canada.
What the heck are they doing?!!?!?!!? Is this how it will be from now on!?!?!? Is this a case of the maps are outgrowing the units memory capability, or is it Tom Tom sticking their hands into our pockets?

What the heck are they doing?!!?!?!!? Is this how it will be from now on!?!?!? Is this a case of the maps are outgrowing the units memory capability, or is it Tom Tom sticking their hands into our pockets?

The answer, I'm afraid, is both. :mad: :(

I tell you what, TomTom has a lot of balls to charge me almost $100 for new maps on a 6-month old device, then in the same email offer a new device for $169.

They Have New Maps for USA, and USA and Canada:

tomtomNewMaps.JPG

BTW, anyone know how they calculate the 30 days for a new map? I just got a new unit from TT repair and didn't know if that would mess it up.

Is there a way someone can post a pic off the 7.20 of my local area?

The reason I ask is that my TTR2 originally had map v6.67 on it and showed better info than the provided update to the v6.75. One of the really surprising changes was the 4 lane divided hwy between my town and the next town became a 2 lane undivided with the update.

I live in Morden, Manitoba, Canada. Hwy #3 going east to Winkler (which becomes Hwy #14 after 4 miles at a cloverleaf interesection), then continues on for another 3 miles to the city of Winkler, Manitoba, Canada.

If that has been corrected, along with numerous other boo-boos, I may be interested in the new Canada map.

Cheers!

Thanks much!

It appears as though it is still incorrect. Very odd, considering the old v6.67 map had it exactally right.

I wonder how in the dickens it would be so wrong.

Makes me wonder if I should bother upgrading, if this is wrong, what else is wrong?

Will stick with my current 675 for now.

Cheers!

I believe 6.67 used navteq. Before the days of TomtomV7, they used both teleatlas and navteq. I agree, the navteq maps were the best back then but i think teleatlas is slowly coming ahead.

So if I understand correctly, TomTom can release a new release of maps every 30+ days and if you want the new release you must pay for them. Western & Central Europe is $149.95 and North America is $99.95 for a total of $249.90 for version 7.20. Next month they could release 7.21 and we have to pay $249.90 for that update and so on.:mad:

Generally, most companies provide free updates if the release is within the same version series (e.g. 7.x releases are all free, if you already own a license for a prior 7.x release; meaning if you own 7.10 then 7.20 updated free, where if you own 6.x or earlier, you pay for an upgrade) not 30 days from signing up. In TomTom's case, you cannot get an update, you must upgrade after 30 days of signing on to TomTom Home for the first time.

What type of business model is that:confused: At least Garmin gives their customers a year of maps free.:rolleyes:

Ask a Question