Map Update Support for GO920 ended?

TomTom Model(s)
GO920
I got an email from TT suggesting I update my USA & Europe maps.
My maps are significantly out of date; but my TomTomHome (latest version) shows no new USA & Europe maps; (both in Updates & Buy New maps).

..many emails with Tech Support...

TT phone support say: "No map updates for G0920 - go buy a new GPS unit."

PS: I have already tried full Reset, re-install TomTomHome, create new TT account.

Q1: Did I miss the End-of-Life announcement?
Q2: Is it really true GO920 users have been Map-orphaned?
Q3: Is there any other way to get GO920 Map Updates?

TIA
Roger

Thanks greatly DHN, That link does seem to bypass the TomTomHome dead end - but see below.
Note 1) Model GO920 is not in the righthand dropdown list (GO920T is); this is why I initially believed TT Support.
Note 2) Selecting my device from the first S/N first two letters does allow me to add my two maps to the Cart. But, clicking on the Cart stays on the same page (i.e. does not go to a Checkout). I tried CTRL+click, same result.
Note 3) The "Shop" still goes to TomTomHome, connects to my device, says I have latest & shows no maps available for purchase.
Q1: How can I checkout & how might I get 1 year of updates (instead of buying a one-time update)?
Q2: Why did TT Support say: "No maps for GO920, buy a new World model"?
TIA,
Roger

Because your support agent is an idiot.

Ask for 2nd level support next time at 866-486-6866.

TomTom has NOT stopped providing maps for older models. My 720 is as old as yours. I have the current (880) map on it.

Thank you so much DHN. Your wise advice saved the day!

I tried what you said on my XP box with IE8 & it worked fine.
I would have bought for 12-month support, but these one-time updates are OK.

The Cart problem I have now traced to TomTom Shop not displaying the Cart with IE9 (on 64-bit Win7). The Cart does work with IE9 in compatibility mode.

Thanks again,
Roger

If I weren't losing my hair and what's left being grey in colour, it would be with all the incompatibilities reported with IE9 (especially 64 bit) and Home or, for those who require it, MyTomTom ................ :rant:

Ask a Question