Map Symbology - 930

Hi!

Recently installed the latest software fix after installing maps 8.10 - the fix allowed us to see many things that were previously not shown

Is there a source of info that tells us what the map symbols, colours, etc all mean? We think there were new symbols and colours introduced the latest fix

Also, is there a site where we can find out what a software fix includes?

Thanks

and Happy Thanksgiving

PR

Firmware changes can be seen here.

I think the different map symbols, etc. are covered in the unit's manual which can be dl from the TomTom site.

DHN - Thank you for the URL for changes

Just noticed that the Compass preference button has disappeared from the Changing Preferences option (even with Show all Menu Options selected)

Map symbols and colours are not explained - anywhere - the GO manual is horribly deficient in many araes. Through experience we have learned many codes but they are not intuitive

For instance what is the significance of the different background colours of areas of the maps?

WE think a green border on an apposing lane suggests a toll highway versus blue for non - toll - and on and on it goes

Thanks again

PR

We just sort of hoped someone might know

I know what you are asking and I saw a post somewhere that detailed what some of the different colours meant ... but I can't remember where :mad: :confused:

If I dig it up, I'll add a link here.

I do know dashed lines signify railroad tracks. Not much help, eh?

Here is one link here

and another one here

Last edited:
Thanks DHN

We found out about railroad tracks today in Maine - for some reason there are none in Nova Scotia

Prior to the latest firmware upgrade there was very little water shown in NS - now NS is all wet lol

PR

Ask a Question