Map share update for 720

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 720
Hello all.

I have some questions :
I still using the old Map 'North_America_2GB' v810.1907 and latest TT home version 2.5.2.60

1:) Do I need to update mapshare everytime when it available for my Go 720 or just update only QuickGPSfix data ?

2:) Do I need to upgrade the latest map for my device ?
( My Go720 still working with the old map )

Thank you,

Last edited:
Hello all.

I have some questions :
I still using Map 'North_America_2GB' v810.1907 and TT home version 2.5.2.60

1:) Do I need to update mapshare everytime when it available for my Go 720 or just update only QuickGPSfix data ?

2:) Do I need to upgrade the latest map for my device ?
( My Go720 still working ok now )

Thank you,

1.) Update both as much as you can

2.) Do you find that you are missing roads in your area in your map? If not, best to stay where you are at. Keep 810. 810 isn't really that old at all. TomTom just decided to pull a fast one and release map 8.15, mainly to get IQ2 out there.

1.) Update both as much as you can

2.) Do you find that you are missing roads in your area in your map? If not, best to stay where you are at. Keep 810. 810 isn't really that old at all. TomTom just decided to pull a fast one and release map 8.15, mainly to get IQ2 out there.

Thanks for replied

No missing roads in my Area .
With my old map I can't put my address , everytime when I typed My City name and Steet name I saw a message pop up on the right upper conner :
" House number not available for this street"

I lived here for couple years and this happend to me long times ago .

Last edited:
Thanks for replied

With my old map I can't put my address , everytime when I typed My City name and Steet name I saw a message pop up on the right upper conner :
" House number not available for this street"

I lived here for couple years and this happend to me long times ago .

Does your street have a N, S, E, or W, before it? Many times it wouldn't find a certain house number I typed in because there is more than one street with the same exact name. I had trouble entering my friend's house number at one point because his street had 3 similar ones. One was E Palmetto St, one was Palmetto Street, and one was W Palmetto St. Sometimes, different maps may have your street as just "Palmetto St" when you really live on "E Palmetto St." It's the same road, but just different ends of the street.

Try looking up your address in Google Maps and see if you can find it.

I received your private message. I just tried your address. Map 815 still does not contain ANY house numbers for your street. Sorry :( No reason to upgrade to 815 I suppose.

Ask a Question