Map on chip and on internal?

can i just keep the map on the internal and delete the one on my chip? i wanted to do this but wanted to get an answer before i do. thanks.

Do you have a 720? (that's the forum you've posted in). If so, and you are referring to a sdhc card as a 'chip', then you can, but why?

I have the map on a 4-gig sdhc card so that there is plenty of room for other things as well,

If you do not have a Go series of tomtom, then no, you can't split off the map from all the other folders and files.

How does one move the map from the internal drive to the SD card? Is it as simple as dragging over the maps folder? Is there any drawback to that? Is there a better place I should be looking for the answer to ths (looked in the manual and these boards, but didn't really see a how-to).

Thanks

yes i do have the tomtom 720

and yes i have the map on BOTH the internal and on the sdhc memory stick/chip same same just lost the wording at the time lol sorry.

but i have it taking up 2 areas, this is why i figured i should keep space on my memo stick for other things i want to add in, instead of having copies of both of the same thing in 2 areas the tomtom itself and the memory stick/chip/card in the tomtom.

hope that clears up my question a bit more. thanks.

No need to have the map in both locations with a 720 unit. Just use Explorer to move the map folder from Internal to the SDHC card. The unit will still 'see' the map as if it were still on internal flash memory.

thanks!

I was thinking to delete it from the card, but since you said i can from the internal, that's fine with me too, I just wanted more space for more POIs. Thanks again! ;)

I have a 720 and run my NA map from a 4-gig card. Application resides on internal. So, I knew it would work! :)

Make sure you do have a backup of all folders/files -- internal and sdhc card -- on the compputer, though. Use Explorer, not Home and ensure hidden folders/files are showing.

i'll make sure to back it up prior to deleting anything. thanks, this reassures me that i won't end up crying after i mess it up or something... i do really need it because i have no sense of direction.

i appreciate your quick responses. :)

Ask a Question