Map Corrections - Specifcally speed corrections

Hi all,

A question with map corrections. I am adjusting some speed limits, on the Australian map, in near by areas. I am not having a problem with doing the changes, HOWEVER, sometimes the sections of the road dont exactly match up with the relevant speed limit change points. When changing the speed limit, it will match a section of road. Where there is an intersection, the section of the particular road starts or stops at that intersection, no problems. On a long sections of road, the road is broken up sometimes in smaller sections, not always, again not necessarily matching where you may want to change a speed limit. I have tried adding a poi at the relevant point of road, to try and break the road section into a useable piece for a speed zone. But these added pois don't break the road up at that point.

Is there a method of breaking up these long road sections, so one might be able to change the speed limit at the correct point, and not relying on the sections of road tomtom have used???

Jeff

Just conjecturing...but can you expand the map large enough and then use a precise instrument like a stylus to get the segment section marked?

Unfortunaly you don't seem to be able to use just selected sections for speed it would be great if TT would allow you to put start and stop points as they do for missing roads but not at this time.

Just conjecturing...but can you expand the map large enough and then use a precise instrument like a stylus to get the segment section marked?
I gave up on that.
McCowan, between the lake and St. John's Sideroad changes speed about seven times.
Every time after the third segment it jumps back to the total length so I do nothing as it cannot be left as 50 or 60 or 70 or 80 for the whole length.

That's how I do it. Once you select the street it asks you if the highlighted section is correct? From there you can choose to edit it. Once you choose to edit it you can add or remove sections of road. You can even do a whole road and then go back and change sections.

That's how I do it. Once you select the street it asks you if the highlighted section is correct? From there you can choose to edit it. Once you choose to edit it you can add or remove sections of road. You can even do a whole road and then go back and change sections.
Well, as I said, on this 23 mile long stretch without any TomTom given speeds, I can only attribute/change speeds to three segments. As soon as I try to make changes to a fourth segment the whole length changes to that speed, no matter if I start at one end or the other.

Ask a Question