Map corrections now ask "what type of vehicle" !!!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Hey guys!!!! I was just making a map correction in my neighborhood by adding a speed limit, and look at the options it gave me when I was finished! I'm not sure if this has been posted, and if it has, I'm sowwie :(

dump708359455.jpg

dump708359456.jpg

To me this is a big deal now since it will help TomTom filter/separate out corrections better.

If no one as seen this, how about some +rep?!!? :)

Hmmm... then shouldn't there be a complementary Preference somewhere to specify which type of vehicle/route to use?

What you've found appears to add more detail to MapShare, but as yet, TomTom has no way to take advantage of it.

Cool feature, btw! :cool:

Hmmm... then shouldn't there be a complementary Preference somewhere to specify which type of vehicle/route to use?

What you've found appears to add more detail to MapShare, but as yet, TomTom has no way to take advantage of it.

Cool feature, btw! :cool:

They gotsta start somewhere....perhaps them collecting this type of information is a preview of what options the user may have in upcoming map releases and/or firmware updates...

They gotsta start somewhere....perhaps them collecting this type of information is a preview of what options the user may have in upcoming map releases and/or firmware updates...

Very much agreed. As others have said, I'm pretty sure they should be adding a "truck route" feature soon.

Oh, certainly. They'll need those metrics before they can introduce a conditional routing feature.

But until that happens, I wonder how selecting say,Truck, will affect which mapshares are propagated.

I also saw it the first time I made a change after installing 8.3 but haven't seen it since. I can't figure out how to change your initial selection. Maybe I haven't made the right changes since. There's also a greyed out button now that says "Car Settings". Hopefully it's an indication of things to come.

That car setting thing has always been in the firmware versions and always greyed out as TT never incorporated functionality. apparently, was supposed to be for wired in units at one point.

This setup was really geared to the European community and I *think* the van designation (and trucks) isn't supposed to pick some narrower roads than cars can travel.

Remember, in the UK and elsewhere, cities and towns were built, in many cases, 100's of years ago and many roads aren't exactly 'motor vehicle friendly' if you know what I mean. :p

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between a car route and a van route? Can't vans do all the same things that cars do?

I'd call you a novice, but I just did that in another thread... ;)

My guess is that in Europe that may not be the case and since we're dealing with a European company (you know)...

Truck Route

Are the truck route options avalible on all the models, or just certain models. I drive a tactor trailer and would like to have a tom-tom and wonder if the base models have this feature or certian models??

Last edited:
Actually, it's not available on any TT models yet. We're really hoping they implement something soon for those of us with larger vehicles. I tow an RV and a "truck" routing selection would be the greatest.

Although there is no truck route option - any chance that the selection of vehicle type as "truck" would carryover to the device's route selection in some way ?

Ask a Question