Map Backups

Thank heavens for sites like this beacuse all tomtom want to do i sell you a new unit!

I bought a GO second hand and so have little info, if i want to back up the maps - but do not have a computer, can i download the existing map onto a memory card?

cherrs all
ben

And how would you propose getting the information, in this case the map folder, from the unit to a memory card without a computer?

There is no way within the unit to copy information from internal to a sdhc card in the card slot (if your model has one) without the intervention of a file manager like Explorer.

(which brings up the question ..... what did you use to post your question here? :) )

i have a computer at work, but they do not allow external programs downloaded.

it was a question, so i don't how i'd go about.

I don't know what to suggest in that case.

Connecting your TomTom to the computer at work and using the built in Explorer (if using a Windows PC) isn't really downloading a new program.

Do you have access to a computer at a public library, a friend, an internet cafe??

Ask a Question