Map Amendments

My Tom Tom 910 gives the wrong directions for Upper Coverdale New Brunswick Canada. How do I go about making a map change for this area?

Glenn

Hi dhn

I want to go to Riverbend Drive in Upper Coverdale New Brunswick. To do this I exit the Trans Canada at hwy 112 and head to Salisbury New Brunswick. In Salisbury TomTom tells me to turn left on to hwy 106 but this takes me to Moncton.

TomTom should say stay on hwy 112 until I reach New England Dr, Carriage Dr or Woodbine Dr all of these streets connect to Riverbend Dr. The only street TomTom recognizes is New England Dr. It does not recognize Riverbend Drive or any of it's house numbers. The route I have described is shown clearly on the Google Map.
What do we have to do to fix this problem?

Glenn

You may not want to give exact locations but, for anyone else to test it you need to give a start point further back and, since there seem to be several Riverbend Dr intersections in Upper Coverdale, NB you will have to give us any house number or cross road where the end should be.

There are only 3 intersections on Riverbend Drive. They are New England Drive, Carriage Drive and Woodbine Drive. Both ends of the Riverbend drive are dead ends. If you type in Upper Coverdale Riverbend Drive on Google Maps you will see what I mean.

Glenn

you need to give a start point further back --snip-- and you will have to give us any house number or cross road where the end should be.

There are only 3 intersections on Riverbend Drive. They are New England Drive, Carriage Drive and Woodbine Drive. Both ends of the Riverbend drive are dead ends. If you type in Upper Coverdale Riverbend Drive on Google Maps you will see what I mean.
Glenn
If you do not want to give a start an and end point of the route I am not able to check with my device.

What do we have to do to fix this problem?

In map 840, the Tomtom routes properly, staying on 112 the entire way until it has to turn left onto New England, Carriage, or Woodbine.

One option is for you to buy the update to map 840.

Another option is to attempt to use mapshare to fix whatever may be wrong with your earlier map, however you need map ver 675 or later to run mapshare. What map version do you have?

In map 840, the Tomtom routes properly, staying on 112 the entire way until it has to turn left onto New England, Carriage, or Woodbine.

One option is for you to buy the update to map 840.

Another option is to attempt to use mapshare to fix whatever may be wrong with your earlier map, however you need map ver 675 or later to run mapshare. What map version do you have?

I purchased an updated map a few months ago. How do I determine if it's 840?

Tap the satellite bars, then tap the application version (probably 7.903) on the lower right.

You'll see the version number (eg: 8xx.xxxx) to the right of the "map:" line.

I tried disabling IQroutes on my 720 to mimic how the 910 would route. It stays on 112 but then turns right on Horseman in Salisbury for a bit before rejoining 112. It then stays on 112 until New England/Carriage/Woodbine.

Okay you are in the right area. You came off the Trans Canada onto hwy 112 (Fredericton Road). You turned right on Horseman and two blocks later you made a slight right turn and got back on hwy 112. You followed the112 until you made a left turn onto New England Drive which ends at Riverbend Drive. My Tom Tom 910 wont recognize Riverbend Drive Carriage Drive or Woodbine Drive. It does recognize New England Drive. If I can get the house numbers on these streets can we get the map amened to include them? Thanks for all your help.

So you said your Tomtom is turning left on 106? What map do you have, because map 840 definitely doesn't turn left.

As far as house numbers: Riverbend, New England, and Woodbine are all valid streets but have no house numbers. Carriage does have house numbers. If you go there often, you can set a favorite as a "point on map" so that you don't need addresses.

If you want to report the street numbers to Tomtom, the most effective ways are to report an "other error" in mapshare, and to also report the street numbers in mapinsight.

Ask a Question