Many errors!

Hello all,

Today I tried to use my tomtom to plot a whole delivery route, a total of 14 addresses.

Out of those addresses the results were as follows.

3 Correct addresses
4 Off by 500+ yards
5 Off by 3-5 miles
2 Addresses were not found even though the street was

Now, I'm not a ranter that gonna come in here and go on and on about this horrible thing and how tomtom rots or anything. But, I do have to say, how can I justify my several hundred dollars spent if it gets the vast majority of addresses wrong?

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for any input!

You did not say which model you have. Also, see what application version and what map version you have. You can find out by tapping the lower right side of the screen, and when a small indicator box comss up showing the app. version, tap on that and it should open up all the info on your unit.

If you have a recently purchased unit from an authorized dealer, you may be eligible to update you map. Also, based on what application came on you unit, you may improve the 500 yard problem by updating it also.

First, if ypu have not done so, back-up you unit with windows explorer (copy everything on it to a folder on you computer) before you do anything to the unit.

My rule of thumbs, if I were not happy with the device, I wouldn't keep it any longer.
Again, if you're not happy with its performance or it fails you terribly, return it, get other brand units. Tomtom is NOT the only one.
However, before buying any other gps devices, try to see how good the map is first. Note: nothing is perfect.

And if you don't mind, just give me (us) one address for each of the category you listed in your post, I'll try on my GO920 (v720 map) to see it there or not and I shall compare them with Navteq for you.

Ask a Question