Germany disappeared from Western Europe map

I updated my Western Europe map a while ago to the improved, more detailed version. I just realised yesterday that the new version does not include Germany, which is bad news for me as I live in Switzerland, very near to the German border, and am planning a trip for this weekend.

Can I somehow switch to the Central Europe map to get Germany back or do I now have to buy another map?

Thanks in advance for your help

The phone number for Switzerland support is: 0844000091

Give them a call and see if they can work something out for you by adding Central_Europe to your account or something.

Thanks

I called the number but unfortunately the message is in French and I can't understand it. Is there another one for German or English?

Well, the GERMAN number is 0180 500 38 42 annd the UK number is 0845 161 0009 but you ARE calling the countries to get them.

I just found the German language number fos Switzerland, called and got a message that there are at least 5 customers in the queue.

Is there a charge (apart from the regular telephone rate) for calling this number? I saw that in Germany, you have to pay an additional 14 cents a minute

Can we go back to your basic problem?

What model do you have (it makes a difference as to what maps you're offered) and what are the name of the map you updated from and to?

Models that had Western and Central Europe ar e now offered "Europe" but because of the size of the full map you may be offered a map "zone" to download.
al though you can only install one zone at a time, you are entitled to DOWNLOAD all of them - Western, Eastern, Northern, Southern and Central.

Map Zones Explained.

Hi Andy

Thanks for that.The old map was called Western Europe. I can't tell you for sure what the new one is called at the mo, sorry, I don't have it with me here.

I looked at the zones on the page from the link you provided and for me, the Northern zone looks best at the moment.

I have the Rider II. Will I be able to download and install the Northern zone via Home as per the instructions on the same page?

Last edited:
That all depends on which map it was you bought.

The way that TomTom home decides which map or maps to offer you is weird and wonderful (or not), to say the least!

Ask a Question