New TomTom 920 T Owner from germany

hi folks,
just bought a new 920 t - will arrive hopefully within the next few days!

Since we`re going to travel to the states in the end of summer and rent a car, I thought it might be "cheaper" to buy a navigation system, then to throw any car-rental place the money in the throat for a rental system...:D

bye
jay

hi folks,
just bought a new 920 t - will arrive hopefully within the next few days!

Since we`re going to travel to the states in the end of summer and rent a car, I thought it might be "cheaper" to buy a navigation system, then to throw any car-rental place the money in the throat for a rental system...:D

bye
jay

Welcome....make sure you have the latest NA map (version 720) through Latest Map guarantee if you 'just bought' the unit. It seems TomTom Europe is more amenable to updating both European & NA maps for European customers than TomTom US is for updating the two maps for Americans & Canadians.

Welcome....make sure you have the latest NA map (version 720) through Latest Map guarantee if you 'just bought' the unit. It seems TomTom Europe is more amenable to updating both European & NA maps for European customers than TomTom US is for updating the two maps for Americans & Canadians.

I did not think that TT would honor the guarantee on the 720 for anything other then the map that came with it, as opposed to the 920 - which has both (but TT in the US of course almost never allows the free update of the European maps).

If they would allow it over there, I would be very interested, as I was thinking of picking up a 720 for a friend in Germany here, and loading up the Western Europe here also ( I will be visiting them in a few weeks, and was going to carry it with me).

This is because of the much cheaper prices here compared to the best I found on-line in Germany (I had found a good deal for a 720T on a UK site, but it was too much of a hassle to arrange payments and get it shipped).

If they WOULD do it for EU customers, I could register the unit on the German TT website and try the map guarantee through there to see of I could get the EU map with the guarantee.

I did not think that TT would honor the guarantee on the 720 for anything other then the map that came with it, as opposed to the 920 - which has both (but TT in the US of course almost never allows the free update of the European maps).

If they would allow it over there, I would be very interested, as I was thinking of picking up a 720 for a friend in Germany here, and loading up the Western Europe here also ( I will be visiting them in a few weeks, and was going to carry it with me).

This is because of the much cheaper prices here compared to the best I found on-line in Germany (I had found a good deal for a 720T on a UK site, but it was too much of a hassle to arrange payments and get it shipped).

If they WOULD do it for EU customers, I could register the unit on the German TT website and try the map guarantee through there to see of I could get the EU map with the guarantee.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to MAP 7.20, not TomTom Unit 720.

Ask a Question