740 Live Cracked Screen Any Repair Shops in Germany?

Hello all.

I registered with this site per the suggestion of Tom-Tom Customer Service as a means to find a solution. I've had the 740 Live for about 2 months, I've loved it to death; amazing product. Up until yesterday, I'm currently stationed overseas in Germany (USAF) and while grabbing my 740 out of my backpack to navigate me home from work, I noticed the screen had been damaged (it looks like it was dropped while in my bag). I asked my coworkers if anyone had moved my bag, maybe tossed it aside somewhere, etc. all replied 'no', so I thought perhaps I set it down a little to rough in the morning coming to my desk? Either way, the screen is spiderwebbing and I'd like to get it fixed. "Accidental" damage or "Misuse" isn't covered in the "Limited Warranty" and TomTom didn't offer a repair service for this product, so I'm hoping that maybe someone can direct me to a repair shop that might be able to fix it. The unit still functions properly, it's just impossible to select the features i.e. "Navigate To.." and "Done" so once I'm on a screen that requires me to click "Done" (if I can get it to register I'm touching "Navigate To.." I'm stuck after that). I'd much rather fork over a small repair fee than chuck this thing in the trash...

Suggestions?

Ask a Question