Making a back-up

Can I put my SD card in my reader and make a back-up?
What is the best way to back up?
What I have been reading the program "Home" don't back-up all the files

Yes, if you place the SD card in a card reader, HOME will recognize the TT software and the option to backup will be available, however, I would not recommend it. There has been reports that when performing a backup using the card reader that it would crash in the middle of the process.

You want to perform a FULL backup in the case of the 910 as you are provided with a pop-up instructing whether you want to exclude files to save space. You DON'T want to do that. You want to include EVERYTHING.

Your other option is to make a 1-to-1 copy of the SD card by copying the entire contents of the SD card to your local drive using Windows Explorer (sorry, I don't know what the Mac equivalent is).

How do make a 1 to 1 copy using Win expl?

1. Open Windows Explorer and browse to your TT SD card (the TT card will display provided the SD card is in yout TT device and connected to your computer...again it's best to avoid the card reader which is to be used as a last resort).

2. At the root directory of the SD card simply select everything (CTRL+A) and go EDIT>COPY

3. Now go to your local drive and create a folder i.e. TT Backup and paste the contents in the newly created folder.

Remeber, HOME does this process much easier as it is automated. It's just in the case of TT910 you should backup everything meaning DO NOT exclude files to save space when prompted by the application.

Ask a Question