trouble making a map correction

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S
The entrance to the parkway right near my home in Manhattan was temporarily closed for about two years. It re-opened a little over a year ago. The TomTom apparently does not see the entrance as a valid route, but I can't figure out why not. When I try to make a map correction and unblock the street that serves as the on-ramp, the TomTom says there were no corrections made.

Is there a way to find out what is blocking my way (so to speak) so I can un-block it?

Last edited:
When you're (un)blocking a street you should at some point reach a screen that displays the street with either Northbound and Southbound directions, or Eastbound and Westbound directions, indicating whether or not traffic is permitted in either direction. If the information on this screen is incorrect, click on each arrow to correct the blockes/permitted status for that direction, then click Done.

Are you not seeing this screen? If not, what ARE you seeing?

Thanks. I am seeing that screen, the information there is already correct.

I've tried planning multiple routes, each time moving my destination progressively farther down this road. Everything works fine until it eventually hits some invisible barrier, thereby blocking any further progress onto the parkway.

Everything works fine until it eventually hits some invisible barrier, thereby blocking any further progress onto the parkway.
You don't see a dashed purple line on any part of the road section you're trying to use, do you?

Of course, I should have done that from the start. Thanks.

If you start from this address:
831 West 181st Street, New York, NY‎

and make your destination via City Center: Yonkers, NY

The way to go is North on #9A (the Henry Hudson Pkwy). The fastest way onto 9A is to go 2 blocks west from the starting address, turn North onto Riverside Dr which turns into Unnamed Road (this is the road that TomTom has blocked somehow), which merges onto 9A North.

Instead, TomTom directs you to go South (the wrong direction) onto 9A for a mile or so and then turn around to go North.

My map is USA, Canada & Mexico version 840.2568

Thanks a ton.

Last edited:
It's due to a road class bug, same issue as here.

The onramp to 9A is a thinner road on the map. It is a road type that Tomtom avoids at all costs unless you start, do a "travel via", or end on the road.

If you have made a route in memory then is there a numbered marker at the point where the route switches back. If you delete that route marker point from the route memory and possibly the one before and after it . Sometimes that will allow the route to straighten out and continue on to the final destination way point.
If you are just using one final destination waypoint to get home then I am as stumped as you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question