major problems activating, any suggestions?

Bought a TomTom One refurb from buy.com.

Been shopping at buy.com for years and this is the first issue I've had.

I got a plastic card with the "product code" in the box.

And it told me to go to www.ttcode.com to get the activation code.

Went to ttcode.com and entered my product code and device code.

It spit out an activation key.

I then enter the activation key in the device as prompted, and it tells me that the key is not valid.

HELP! Thanks in advance.

-Bradley King

I'm not sure. When I turned the unit on (out of the box) for the first time, it prompted me to do all this.

Any insight?

Unfortunately at this point, the only people that can help you is the TT support. If the activation code given from the ttcode site doesn't work, you need TT to generate one for you.

Just a couple of thoughts: Make sure that you aren't confusing 'zero' with the letter 'O'. Also, you don't have to enter the spaces.

This also happened to me.
I contacted TT support because they gave me a Refurb unit.
I downloaded and run "Clear the Flash Tool" and it worked.
I know that this won't work on a ONE.
If all fails, contact TT Support and give them the device ID and product code etc.

Bought a TomTom One refurb from buy.com.

Been shopping at buy.com for years and this is the first issue I've had.

I got a plastic card with the "product code" in the box.

And it told me to go to www.ttcode.com to get the activation code.

Went to ttcode.com and entered my product code and device code.

It spit out an activation key.

I then enter the activation key in the device as prompted, and it tells me that the key is not valid.

HELP! Thanks in advance.

-Bradley King

i bought a refurb tomtom v2 unit from buy .com, the sd card that came with unit worked just fine but when i went to install a 2 gig card, had activation problems, the ttcode.com site said the product code was correct but had 2 other devices listed i wasnt aware of the importance of this until i called tech support, they said the unit comes with two license and the product code was spent on those two, had to send them proof of purchase that i had just recently bought the unit before they gave me a refreshed activation code, the activation code worked when i was logged into HOME with the MY ONE icon on the left side. it asked for the activation code and all went well i was now able to use the interface to plan a trip, but when i disconnected the unit from usb i still got the activation error. after reading the various post here (what a great site) I DL a flash tool from tomtom ttgo510-710.clear_flash.exe, (nothing from support about flashing the unit) it worked my unit is working with the new card
wow product codes, activation codes device codes and updates according to device serial numbers!
I can tell this site is going to be a lifesaver for as long as i have a tomtom unit

This has been a problem for others refurb users as well.
Contact TomTom Support, they will help you out.

Ask a Question