Low battery status

TomTom Model(s)
4EN52Z1230
I have recently purchased a TT 25 model number 4EN52Z1230 and cannot find the battery status, twice now it quickly flashes low battery then switches off :( not very useful when driving on the motorway. I've been back to the shop where I bought it and they can't figure it out, can anyone help me.

Is indeed your model a TomTom Start 25? Dee here:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/c/2355

Some models no longer have battery status indicator. If running when NOT connected to an external power source, you should see a battery indicator on the driving view screen. Green for 50% and greater, amber for about 25%-50% and red for < 25%.

That said, the devices should be running in the car attached to the cabel that connects to the power outlet or cigg lighter outlet.

If you are saying that you DO run with it connected and the battery still dies, then you have an issue with the cabel or the power coming out of the cig outlet.

Battery status

Many thanks Dee, I'm not sure if I was connected to power at the time so will check on Monday and I will have to keep an eye out for the battery indicator on the screen :)

@Danyan
These units, when new, only go for about 2 ~ 2-1/2 hours on a full charge if they're not connected to an external power source. Watch to be sure that the light on your power adapter down at the lighter plug is on, too.

Many thanks Dee,

LOL :lol: - I think that was a typo from dhn for "See here..."

As he says though, the TomTom units are not really designed to be used on battery power for any length of time, and should rally ALWAYS be used on external power when in the car. Check all your connections, those cigar lighter plugs are notorious for going intermittent.

Ask a Question