Lost Files

Hi, in an attempt to get TomTom Home to recognize my TomTom to update it I formated my stick but kept two folders. Great-Britain-Map and TomTom-Cfg. All other files were deleted, now when I turn my tomtom on it shows me this pic of the memory stick going out and an cross on it. Please help me, thanks.

Hi, in an attempt to get TomTom Home to recognize my TomTom to update it I formated my stick but kept two folders. Great-Britain-Map and TomTom-Cfg. All other files were deleted, now when I turn my tomtom on it shows me this pic of the memory stick going out and an cross on it. Please help me, thanks.

I think you'll need to be clearer about your description in order to get help here.

For instance, what do you mean by 'stick'? A sd card? If so, what's on the internal memory? If it's not a x20 model, both the operating system files and maps MUST reside in the same place, either internal memory or on a sd card.

I would hazard a guess that you have the system files in memory and need to copy them to the card so that on bootup, the unit sees the maps.

(or, copy the map folder to internal memory)

Ask a Question