lost data

TomTom Model(s)
xl
Help
I have an XL which unfortunately decided to become corrupt somewhere along the line . I stupidly had not backed up the data !!!!. I have managed to get the XL to respond by reloading the software , however when I try to load any map from my other TomToms ( 3 different ones ) The XL refuses to read the map . Any one out there able to advise my my next move .
cheers

Sorry, but maps can't be shared between devices.

Had you ever upgraded the map on the XL? If so, you may still be able to recover it.

Connect to Home-->Manage my Device (2nd page)-->Items on Computer-->maps, does anything show?

Thanks for the reply , afraid not . I have attempted several times to add maps to the device without success . I think I will talk to Tom Tom and see , if I provide all the details of the device , they will let me load a map appertaining to the actual device .

Is this the PC you were using when you originally bought your XL? Many people take advantage of the "Latest Map Guarantee" offer to get their first map updated to the current level after purchase. If you did that on another PC, then there's a good chance you have a map there.

Thanks for your feedback but I think its a lost cause .I am afraid I will bite the bullet and get another one . Thanks again . Next time I will back everything up

Next time you probably won't be able to back everything up, but fortunately, won't need to, either! The newer units keep your map data 'on account' at TomTom. As you shop, be sure to look for models with an M in the suffix to get free lifetime map updates.

Ask a Question