looking for a car charger

TomTom Model(s)
Tom tom One
Hello all -

I am looking for an additional car charger for my TT One.. I use this in my car and on my motorcycle and I would liketo hard wire a car charger unit into my bikes battery...

The Tom Tom site does not list one being available for purchase.

does anyone know where I might find one for sale??

Larry,

Have you tried seaching ebay or buy.com?

I know you will get many search results from ebay

Hi Larry,

I don't have an answer for you, but I would like to know how you mount your ONE on your bike?

Hi Fanchee -

Mounting on the bike was not that hard once I did a little research..

It is basically 2 pieces.. The first is a mount that attached to existing screw holes on the left handlebar instrument pod. This attachment has a 4 hole mounting base - which is pretty much universal.. I purchased it from a company called Tech Mounts

Once I had that I found another company called Pro Clips that sells mounting gadgets for automobiles. They had a mount that was designed for the TT1 and has the same 4 hole mounting setup (universal is good!!)

Here are a couple of photos - one showing the mounting setup - GPS mount.jpg

and one showing the TT1 attached

GPS mount with TT1 attached.jpg

The other mount that you see in the first photo is for my XM radio..

And I have solved my car charger issue.. The same Pro Clip company makes a mount that has a charger built into it. When you slide in the TT1 it attaches to a USB in the bottom of the mount. From there I can wire the other end into my bikes battery and I will be all set..

Motorola Razr cell phone charger will work with your TTone. I've been using it for about a year now with no issues. They are available at any cell accessory store including staples, best buy, radio shack, etc. Its a very popular phone.

Ask a Question